Affiliation: Medical University of Vienna
- Utilization and perceived problems of online medical resources and search tools among different groups of European physiciansMarlene Kritz
Society of Physicians Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Med Internet Res 15:e122. 2013..There is a large body of research suggesting that medical professionals have unmet information needs during their daily routines...
- Pharmacogenomics in the pocket of every patient? A prototype based on quick response codesMatthias Samwald
Section for Medical Expert and Knowledge Based Systems, Center for Medical Statistics, Informatics, and Intelligent Systems, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Am Med Inform Assoc 20:409-12. 2013..The MSC could make individual pharmacogenomic data and decision support available in a wide variety of healthcare settings without the set up of large-scale infrastructures or centralized databases...
- The Arden Syntax standard for clinical decision support: experiences and directionsMatthias Samwald
Section for Medical Expert and Knowledge Based Systems, Center for Medical Statistics, Informatics, and Intelligent Systems, Medical University of Vienna, Spitalgasse 23, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Biomed Inform 45:711-8. 2012..We hope that these planned extensions of the Arden Syntax might eventually help in realizing the vision of a global, interoperable and shared library of clinical decision support knowledge...
- The Translational Medicine Ontology and Knowledge Base: driving personalized medicine by bridging the gap between bench and bedsideJoanne S Luciano
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, USA
J Biomed Semantics 2:S1. 2011..Here, we describe a collaborative effort to produce a prototype Translational Medicine Knowledge Base (TMKB) capable of answering questions relating to clinical practice and pharmaceutical drug discovery...
- Physicians searching the web for medical question answering: A European survey and local user studiesMatthias Samwald
Institute of Software Technology and Interactive Systems, Vienna University of Technology, Vienna, Austria
Stud Health Technol Inform 192:1103. 2013..We also found user testing a valuable source of information about the search preferences of medical professional. The survey and user tests we conducted are among the largest and most detailed that have been conducted in this domain. ..
- An RDF/OWL Knowledge Base for Query Answering and Decision Support in Clinical PharmacogeneticsMatthias Samwald
Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Stud Health Technol Inform 192:539-42. 2013..Our work goes beyond the state of the art in that it makes both automated reasoning as well as query answering as simple as possible, and the reasoning capabilities go beyond the capabilities of previously described ontologies. ..
- Towards an interoperable information infrastructure providing decision support for genomic medicineMatthias Samwald
Section for Medical Expert and Knowledge Based Systems, Center for Medical Statistics, Informatics, and Intelligent Systems, Medical University of Vienna
Stud Health Technol Inform 169:165-9. 2011....
- A data-driven living review for pharmacogenomic decision support in cancer treatmentGökhan Karakülah
Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Stud Health Technol Inform 180:688-92. 2012..We discuss some of the findings we made while creating a prototype of a 'living review' for colorectal cancer pharmacotherapy...