Affiliation: Medical University of Graz
- Chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathyStefan Quasthoff
Department of Neurology, Karl Franzens Universitat Graz, Austria
J Neurol 249:9-17. 2002..The recovery from symptoms is often incomplete and a long period of regeneration is required to restore function. Up to now, no drug is available to reliably prevent or cure chemotherapy-induced neuropathy...
- [Evidence-based therapy of painful neuropathies in the primary care practice]Stefan Quasthoff
Neurologische Klinik, Medizinische Universitat Graz
MMW Fortschr Med 147:78-82. 2005..The therapy of neuropathic pain is an example of a fundamental knowledge and cause-oriented treatment strategy. Here, a great number of therapeutic options were established that comply with the criteria of an evidence-based medicine...
- Itch, skin lesions--and a stiff neckThomas Wiesner
Department of Dermatology, Medical University of Graz, Austria
Lancet 370:290. 2007
- An X-linked myopathy with postural muscle atrophy and generalized hypertrophy, termed XMPMA, is caused by mutations in FHL1Christian Windpassinger
Neurogenetics Section, The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, M5T 1R8, Canada
Am J Hum Genet 82:88-99. 2008..Mutation screening of FHL1 should be considered for patients with uncharacterized myopathies and cardiomyopathies...
- The TTX metabolite 4,9-anhydro-TTX is a highly specific blocker of the Na(v1.6) voltage-dependent sodium channelChristian Rosker
Institute for Biophysics, Center for Physiological Medicine, Medical University of Graz, Harrachgasse 21 4, Graz, Austria
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 293:C783-9. 2007..6)-mediated function, but also for therapeutic intervention...