Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Medical University of Vienna
- Preusser M. MGMT analysis at DNA, RNA and protein levels in glioblastoma tissue. Histol Histopathol. 2009;24:511-8 pubmed publisher..Further studies may be helpful to establish more appropriate protocols for tumour tissue preservation (e.g. identification of alternative fixatives that do not deteriorate DNA and RNA quality). ..
- Pajenda S, Ilhan Mutlu A, Preusser M, Roka S, Druml W, Wagner L. NephroCheck data compared to serum creatinine in various clinical settings. BMC Nephrol. 2015;16:206 pubmed publisher..However, the dynamics seem to differ, depending on the cause and the extent of injury. Further studies will be needed to clarify the issue. ..
- Berghoff A, Ricken G, Wilhelm D, Rajky O, Widhalm G, Dieckmann K, et al. Tumor infiltrating lymphocytes and PD-L1 expression in brain metastases of small cell lung cancer (SCLC). J Neurooncol. 2016;130:19-29 pubmed..Our data suggest an active immune microenvironment in SCLC BM that may be targetable by immune-modulating drugs. ..
- Furtner J, Berghoff A, Albtoush O, Woitek R, Asenbaum U, Prayer D, et al. Survival prediction using temporal muscle thickness measurements on cranial magnetic resonance images in patients with newly diagnosed brain metastases. Eur Radiol. 2017;27:3167-3173 pubmed publisher..It is an easily and reproducibly parameter assessable on routine cranial MRI. â€¢ This parameter may aid in patient selection and stratification in clinical trials. â€¢ TMT may serve as surrogate marker for sarcopenia. ..
- Berghoff A, Preusser M. Role of the blood-brain barrier in metastatic disease of the central nervous system. Handb Clin Neurol. 2018;149:57-66 pubmed publisher..Therefore, a more profound understanding of the role of the blood-brain/blood-tumor barrier is needed to effectively formulate clinical trial approaches on systemic therapy options in patients with brain metastases. ..
- Berghoff A, Rajky O, Winkler F, Bartsch R, Furtner J, Hainfellner J, et al. Invasion patterns in brain metastases of solid cancers. Neuro Oncol. 2013;15:1664-72 pubmed publisher..Distinct invasion patterns of brain metastases into the brain parenchyma are not specific for primary tumor types, seem to be influenced by expression of ?v integrin complexes, and may help to guide clinical decision-making. ..
- Ilhan Mutlu A, Siehs C, Berghoff A, Ricken G, Widhalm G, Wagner L, et al. Expression profiling of angiogenesis-related genes in brain metastases of lung cancer and melanoma. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:1173-82 pubmed publisher..Our data may be of relevance for targeted therapy or prophylaxis of BM using anti-angiogenic agents. ..
- Preusser M, Capper D, Hartmann C. IDH testing in diagnostic neuropathology: review and practical guideline article invited by the Euro-CNS research committee. Clin Neuropathol. 2011;30:217-30 pubmed..Our article may provide guidance for laboratories aiming at establishing IDH testing for diagnostic evaluation of primary brain tumors. ..
- Berghoff A, Preusser M. Targeted Therapies for Melanoma Brain Metastases. Curr Treat Options Neurol. 2017;19:13 pubmed publisher..The following review will provide an overview on the currently available data on targeted therapies, remaining questions and the most important side effects in the special clinical situation of melanoma brain metastases. ..
- Preusser M. [Basic principles: signaling pathways and checkpoints]. Radiologe. 2017;57:812-813 pubmed publisher..This article briefly summarizes the mode of action of immune checkpoint inhibitors to provide a basis for the understanding of their clinical activity, radiological response patterns and adverse event profile. ..
- Le Rhun E, Bertrand N, Dumont A, Tresch E, Le Deley M, Mailliez A, et al. Identification of single nucleotide polymorphisms of the PI3K-AKT-mTOR pathway as a risk factor of central nervous system metastasis in metastatic breast cancer. Eur J Cancer. 2017;87:189-198 pubmed publisher..PI3KR1-rs706716 may be associated with CNS metastasis in metastatic breast cancer patients and could be included in a predictive composite score to detect early CNS metastasis irrespective of breast cancer subtype. ..
- Preusser M, Budka H, Rossler K, Hainfellner J. OLIG2 is a useful immunohistochemical marker in differential diagnosis of clear cell primary CNS neoplasms. Histopathology. 2007;50:365-70 pubmed..In clear cell primary brain tumours lacking OLIG2 expression, differential diagnosis may require additional immunohistochemical markers. ..
- Preusser M, Berghoff A, Ilhan Mutlu A, Magerle M, Dinhof C, Widhalm G, et al. ALK gene translocations and amplifications in brain metastases of non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2013;80:278-83 pubmed publisher..ALK translocation, but not ALK amplification is associated with ALK protein overexpression. Further studies are needed to determine whether NSCLC-BM patients with ALK gene aberrations may benefit from specific inhibitor therapy. ..
- Preusser M, Bent M. Clinical neuropathology practice news 2-2013: immunohistochemistry pins IDH in glioma - molecular testing procedures under scrutiny. Clin Neuropathol. 2013;32:82-3 pubmed..Furthermore, they highlight the need for strict quality control of DNA-based biomarker analyses on formalinfixed and paraffin-embedded tumor samples. ..