Affiliation: Medical University of Vienna
- Update on allergies in pregnancy, lactation, and early childhoodIsabella Pali-Schöll
Department of Pathophysiology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Allergy Clin Immunol 123:1012-21. 2009..Further studies are urgently needed to address the influence of certain foods and nutrients, as well as environmental factors, for prevention of allergic diseases in the low- or high-risk infant...
- Antacids and dietary supplements with an influence on the gastric pH increase the risk for food sensitizationI Pali-Schöll
IPP Department of Pathophysiology, Centre of Physiology, Pathophysiology and Immunology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Clin Exp Allergy 40:1091-8. 2010..This can be caused by acid-suppressing medication like sucralphate, H2-receptor blockers and proton pump inhibitors, as shown in recent murine experimental and human observational studies...
- [Allergic rhinitis and its impact on asthma (ARIA update 2008). The Austrian perspective]Isabella Pali-Schöll
Institut fur Pathophysiologie, Zentrum für Physiologie, Pathophysiologie und Immunologie, Medizinische Universität Wien, Austria
Wien Med Wochenschr 159:87-92. 2009..The present article is the result of consecutive efforts of the authors of the ARIA update 2008 to accomplish the nationwide comprehensive distribution of information by publication in important national journals, like the WMW...
- Establishing an allergic eczema model employing recombinant house dust mite allergens Der p 1 and Der p 2 in BALB/c miceKrisztina Szalai
Comparative Medicine, Messerli Research Institute, University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna, Medical University Vienna, University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Exp Dermatol 21:842-6. 2012..The presented mouse model is suitable for investigating the mechanisms of allergic eczema...
- Anti-acids lead to immunological and morphological changes in the intestine of BALB/c mice similar to human food allergyIsabella Pali-Schöll
Department of Pathophysiology, Medical University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Exp Toxicol Pathol 60:337-45. 2008..Therefore, this medication leads to sensitization against food with changes typical for food allergy also in the intestine...
- Mimotopes identify conformational B-cell epitopes on the two major house dust mite allergens Der p 1 and Der p 2Krisztina Szalai
Department of Pathophysiology, Center of Physiology, Pathophysiology and Immunology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Mol Immunol 45:1308-17. 2008..Therefore, these mimotopes are potential candidates for the directed induction of blocking antibodies and epitope-specific immunotherapy of mite allergy...
- Characterization of intrinsic and extrinsic risk factors for celery allergy in immunosenescenceEva Untersmayr
Department of Pathophysiology, Center of Physiology, Pathophysiology and Immunology, Medical University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Mech Ageing Dev 129:120-8. 2008..Thus, in the geriatric murine model, celery allergy was induced only if gastric digestion was hindered. Accordingly, gastric proteolysis decreased in vitro and in vivo IgE-reactivity against celery proteins in aged allergic patients...
- Glutathione exposes sequential IgE-epitopes in ovomucoid relevant in persistent egg allergyFranziska Roth-Walter
Comparative Medicine, Messerli Research Institute, University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna, Vienna, Medical University of Vienna and University of Vienna, Austria
Mol Nutr Food Res 57:536-44. 2013..Patients with persistent egg allergy have more immunoglobulin E (IgE) against sequential than conformational epitopes of ovomucoid (OVO). Here, we aimed to identify compounds capable to render sequential epitopes in egg...
- Biopanning for the characterization of allergen mimotopesIsabella Pali-Schöll
Centre of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Methods Mol Med 138:271-83. 2008..The titers of phages specifically binding to the selection antibody are checked. In this chapter we describe two alternative methods for colony screening: the immunoblot and ELISA...
- Asthma and allergic diseases in pregnancy a reviewIsabella Pali-Schöll
Department of Pathophysiology, Center of Physiology, Pathophysiology and Immunology, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
World Allergy Organ J 2:26-36. 2009..Consequently, the recommendations for primary and secondary preventive measures are also very limited in number and verification...
- The ABC of clinical and experimental adjuvants--a brief overviewRichard Brunner
Department of Pathophysiology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, AKH EB 03 Q, Vienna, Austria
Immunol Lett 128:29-35. 2010..This review summarizes information on adjuvants currently used in clinical as well as in experimental settings...