Affiliation: Medical Informatics and Technology
- Therapy of uncomplicated falciparum malaria in Europe: MALTHER - a prospective observational multicentre studyOlivier Bouchaud
Infectious and Tropical Diseases Department, Hôpital Avicenne APHP and Université Paris 13, Bobigny, France
Malar J 11:212. 2012..The objective was to summarize data on treatments to harmonize and optimize treatment for uncomplicated malaria in Europe...
- The low and declining risk of malaria in travellers to Latin America: is there still an indication for chemoprophylaxis?Ron H Behrens
Travel Clinic, Hospital for Tropical Diseases, Mortimer Market, London, WC1E 6JB, UK
Malar J 6:114. 2007..The risk of adverse events are high and the benefit of avoided benign vivax malaria is very low under current policy, which may be causing more harm than benefit...
- Cost-effectiveness of primarily human papillomavirus-based cervical cancer screening in settings with currently established Pap screening: a systematic review commissioned by the German Federal Ministry of HealthNikolai Mühlberger
University for Health Sciences, Medical Informatics and Technology, Austria
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 24:184-92. 2008..Emphasis was placed on the German situation with annual Pap screening...
- HCV-related burden of disease in Europe: a systematic assessment of incidence, prevalence, morbidity, and mortalityNikolai Mühlberger
Institute of Public Health, Medical Decision Making and Health Technology Assessment, Department of Public Health, UMIT University of Health Sciences, Medical Informatics and Technology, Hall iT, Austria
BMC Public Health 9:34. 2009..We summarised burden of disease data presently available for Europe, compared the data to current expert estimates, and identified areas in which better data are needed...
- Long-term effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of screening for hepatitis C virus infectionGaby Sroczynski
Department of Public Health, Information Systems and Health Technology Assessment, UMIT University of Health Sciences, Medical Informatics and Technology, Hall i T, Austria
Eur J Public Health 19:245-53. 2009..Early detection and treatment may result in better health outcomes and save costs by preventing future advanced liver disease. The evidence for long-term effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of HCV screening was systematically reviewed...
- Market uptake of new antiviral drugs for the treatment of hepatitis CBeate Lettmeier
Department of Public Health, Medical Decision Making and Health Technology Assessment, UMIT, University for Health Sciences, Medical Informatics and Technology, Hall iT, Austria
J Hepatol 49:528-36. 2008..Peginterferon plus ribavirin is the state-of-the-art antiviral therapy for prevention of serious complications of hepatitis C. Our aim was to compare market uptake of and access to these drugs across Europe...
- Decision-analytic modeling to evaluate the long-term effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of HPV-DNA testing in primary cervical cancer screening in GermanyGaby Sroczynski
UMIT University for Health Sciences, Medical Informatics and Technology, Department of Public Health, Information Systems and Health Technology Assessment, Hall i T, Austria
GMS Health Technol Assess 6:Doc05. 2010..HPV based primary screening for cervical cancer is currently discussed in Germany. Decisions should be based on a systematic evaluation of the long-term effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of HPV based primary screening...