Affiliation: Medical University of Vienna
- Food allergy prevalence: new possibilities for therapy and preventionYan Ma
Department of Pathophysiology and Allergy Research, Vienna General Hospital, Medical University Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090, Vienna, Austria
Wien Med Wochenschr 162:519-24. 2012..FAHF-2 was shown to be remarkably effective against food anaphylaxis in an animal model and in human clinical trial with the potential to be a long-lasting therapy...
- Physicochemical properties and thermal stability of Lep w 1, the major allergen of whiffUlrike Griesmeier
Department of Pathophysiology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, Vienna, Austria
Mol Nutr Food Res 54:861-9. 2010..In contrast to a raw fish extract, the cooked extract showed higher resistance to pepsinolysis. The stability of Lep w 1 to thermal denaturation and digestion explains the high allergenicity of whiff...
- Purification and characterisation of relevant natural and recombinant apple allergensChristina Oberhuber
Biomay, Vienna, Austria
Mol Nutr Food Res 52:S208-19. 2008..It was concluded that the folded structure and IgE binding capacity of all four allergens were preserved during purification...
- Comparison of natural and recombinant forms of the major fish allergen parvalbumin from cod and carpYan Ma
Center for Physiology, Pathophysiology and Immunology, Department of Pathophysiology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Mol Nutr Food Res 52:S196-207. 2008..High crossreactivity among cod and carp parvalbumins was observed in immunoblots as well as in fluid phase assays. Natural and recombinant parvalbumins gave comparable results when performing various in vitro diagnostic assays...
- A novel concept for detoxification: Complexation between aconitine and liquiritin in a Chinese herbal formula ('Sini Tang')Karoline Peter
Molecular Research in Traditional Chinese Medicine Group, Department of Pathophysiology and Allergy Research, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Ethnopharmacol 149:562-9. 2013..We now demonstrate that Glycyrrhiza uralensis, which is often used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for detoxification, reduces the concentration of free aconitine in decoctions by forming a complex between liquiritin and aconitine...
- Mutational analysis of amino acid positions crucial for IgE-binding epitopes of the major apple (Malus domestica) allergen, Mal d 1Yan Ma
Department of Pathophysiology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 139:53-62. 2006..The objective of the present study was to evaluate whether this concept was applicable for the Bet v 1-homologous apple allergen, Mal d 1...