Affiliation: Medical University of Vienna
- Does aerobic training enhance effects of spa therapy in back pain patients? A randomized, controlled clinical trialValentin Leibetseder
Ludwig Boltzmann Institut zur Erforschung physiologischer Rhythmen, Bad Tatzmannsdorf, Abteilung für Umweltphysiologie, Medizinische Universität Wien, Schwarzspanierstrasse 17, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Forsch Komplementmed 14:202-6. 2007..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the effects of 3 weeks of individualized aerobic exercise training combined with conventional spa therapy on patients' assessment of chronic pain and quality of life...
- Does oxygenated water support aerobic performance and lactate kinetics?V Leibetseder
Center for Physiology and Pathophysiology, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Int J Sports Med 27:232-5. 2006..050). Merely increments of VEO2 at submaximal levels were demonstrable (p = 0.048). We conclude that the consumption of oxygenated water does not enhance aerobic performance or lactate kinetics in standardized laboratory testing...
- Clock genes display rhythmic expression in human heartsValentin Leibetseder
Center of Physiology and Pharmacology, University Vienna, Austria
Chronobiol Int 26:621-36. 2009..The acrophase of the myocardial PER mRNAs and the trough of the myocardial BMAL1 coincide to the time of day of most frequent myocardial incidents...
- Association of spa therapy with improvement of psychological symptoms of occupational burnout: a pilot studyGerhard Blasche
Department of Environmental Hygiene, Center for Public Health, Medical University of Vienna, Bad Tatzmannsdorf, Austria
Forsch Komplementmed 17:132-6. 2010..including a respite from work) on psychological symptoms associated with occupational burnout...
- Time dependence of estrogen receptor expression in human heartsValentin Leibetseder
Department of Physiology, Center of Physiology and Pharmacology, Medical University Vienna, Schwarzspanierstrasse 17, Vienna, Austria
Biomed Pharmacother 64:154-9. 2010..Furthermore, we provided evidence for a time dependent variation of ERbeta receptor expression in the human heart...