Affiliation: Medical University of Graz
- Several indicators of oxidative stress, immunity, and illness improved in trained men consuming an encapsulated juice powder concentrate for 28 weeksManfred Lamprecht
Styrian Health Association, 8010 Graz, Austria
J Nutr 137:2737-41. 2007..068). These data suggest beneficial JPC effects with regard to reduction of duty days lost due to illness and reduction of CP and TNFalpha concentrations in this group of trained men over 28 wk...
- Single bouts of exercise affect albumin redox state and carbonyl groups on plasma protein of trained men in a workload-dependent mannerManfred Lamprecht
Inst of Physiological Chemistry, Harrachgasse 21 II, Medical Univ of Graz, 8010 Graz, Austria
J Appl Physiol 104:1611-7. 2008..The extent of the HSA modification increased with exercise intensity. Oxidative protein damage, as indicated by CP, was only significantly increased at 80% Vo(2max) intensity in this homogenous cohort of trained men...
- Protein modification responds to exercise intensity and antioxidant supplementationManfred Lamprecht
Institute of Physiological Chemistry, Medical University of Graz, Harrachgasse 21 II, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Med Sci Sports Exerc 41:155-63. 2009..To assess the effects of different exercise intensities and antioxidant supplementation on plasma protein modification...
- Increased lipid peroxidation in trained men after 2 weeks of antioxidant supplementationManfred Lamprecht
Institute of Physiology, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 19:385-99. 2009..To assess the effects of an encapsulated antioxidant concentrate (EAC) and exercise on lipid peroxidation (LIPOX) and the plasma antioxidant enzyme glutathione peroxidase (Pl-GPx)...
- Analytical aspects of oxidatively modified substances in sports and exercisesManfred Lamprecht
Institute of Physiological Chemistry, Medical University Graz, Graz, Austria
Nutrition 20:728-30. 2004..We summarize briefly those analytical techniques of oxidative damage to biomolecules that have been applied to the investigation of oxidative stress during exercise...
- Probiotic supplementation affects markers of intestinal barrier, oxidation, and inflammation in trained men; a randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled trialManfred Lamprecht
Institute of Physiological Chemistry, Centre for Physiological Medicine, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
J Int Soc Sports Nutr 9:45. 2012..abstract:..