Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Medical University of Vienna
- Clinical predictors of death in young and middle-aged patients with ischemic stroke or transient ischemic attack: long-term results of the Vienna Stroke Registry: clinical predictors of ischemic stroke mortality in patients <60 yearsStefan Greisenegger
Department of Neurology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1097, Vienna, Austria
J Neurol 258:1105-13. 2011..Although we found subgroups at higher risk of death in the entire population, in patients <50 years of age, predictors of survival remained elusive...
- The Thr715Pro polymorphism of the P-selectin gene is not associated with ischemic stroke riskJulia Ferrari
Department of Neurology, Hospital Barmherzige Brueder, Vienna, Austria
Stroke 38:395-7. 2007..Individuals carrying the Pro715 allele were reported to have a reduced risk of myocardial infarction. A possible association of this polymorphism with the risk of ischemic stroke is currently under discussion...
- Polymorphisms in inflammatory genes and the risk of ischemic stroke and transient ischemic attack: results of a multilocus genotyping assayStefan Greisenegger
Department of Neurology, Institute of Medical Statistics, Clinical Institute of Medical and Chemical Laboratory Diagnostics, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Clin Chem 55:134-8. 2009..We investigated 49 SNPs in 34 genes previously reported to be related to inflammation in our study. We tested 459 patients with acute ischemic stroke or transient ischemic attack and 459 controls individually matched by sex and age...
- Polymorphisms of the inflammatory system and risk of ischemic cerebrovascular eventsWolfgang Lalouschek
University Clinic of Neurology, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Clin Chem Lab Med 44:918-23. 2006..The inflammatory response can be influenced by functional polymorphisms in components of the immune system. We hypothesized that these polymorphisms may also modulate the risk of ischemic cerebrovascular events...
- The relation between knowledge about hypertension and education in hospitalized patients with stroke in ViennaDoris Samal
Medical University of Vienna, Department of Neurology, Vienna, Austria
Stroke 38:1304-8. 2007..We assessed these parameters in a large cohort of patients with ischemic stroke or transient ischemic attack and analyzed their association with educational attainment...
- Recurrent vascular events in patients with ischemic stroke/TIA and atrial fibrillation in relation to secondary prevention at hospital dischargeSusanne Tentschert
Clinical Department of Clinical Neurology, University Clinic of Neurology, Vienna, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 116:834-8. 2004..Oral anticoagulation is indicated in secondary prevention of stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA) in patients with atrial fibrillation, but it is often withheld because of contraindications and/or fear of bleeding complications...
- The (-174) G/C polymorphism in the interleukin-6 gene is associated with the severity of acute cerebrovascular eventsStefan Greisenegger
Clinical Department of Clinical Neurology, University of Vienna Medical School, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1097 Vienna, Austria
Thromb Res 110:181-6. 2003..We investigated the statistical association between this polymorphism and cerebrovascular events, as well as the clinical outcome in patients with symptoms before the age of 60...
- Mean platelet volume may represent a predictive parameter for overall vascular mortality and ischemic heart diseaseGeorg Slavka
Allgemeines Krankenhaus Biobank, Medical University of Vienna, Clinical Institute of Medical and Chemical Laboratory Diagnostics, Allgemeines Krankenhaus Wien, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, 1190 Wien, Austria
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:1215-8. 2011..We intended to identify patients at higher risk of dying from vascular disease in a large, hospital-based cohort...
- Thrombolysis in patients with mild stroke: results from the Austrian Stroke Unit RegistryStefan Greisenegger
From the Department of Neurology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria S G Danube University Krems and Gesundheit Österreich GmbH BIQG, Vienna, Austria L S Department of Neurology, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria S K and Department of Neurology, Krankenhaus Barmherzige Brüder, Vienna, Austria W L, J F
Stroke 45:765-9. 2014..We analyzed in a large cohort of patients whether rt-PA treatment is beneficial for this group of patients...
- Manifest psychosis in neurosyphilisFabian Friedrich
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna 1090, Austria
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 31:379-81. 2009..Recent surveys have assessed a remarkable increase in the prevalence of infectious syphilis. If left untreated, 30% of patients may develop tertiary syphilis, which can manifest as neurosyphilis...
- Determination of lipid profiles and use of statins in patients with ischemic stroke or transient ischemic attackWolfgang Lalouschek
University Clinic of Neurology, Clinical Department of Clinical Neurology, University of Vienna Medical School, Vienna, Austria
Stroke 34:105-10. 2003..Evaluation of hyperlipidemia and treatment with statins in patients with recent ischemic cerebrovascular events have not yet been investigated...