Affiliation: Medical University of Vienna
- Human ECGs corrupted with real CPR artefacts in an animal model: generating a database to evaluate and refine algorithms for eliminating CPR artefactsM Granegger
Department of Anaesthesia, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Therapy, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringerguertel, Vienna, Austria
Resuscitation 81:730-6. 2010..To refine, test and evaluate these algorithms with a realistic data set, we introduce an animal model with which we created an extended database of human ECGs with real CPR artefacts...
- Development of a pump flow estimator for rotary blood pumps to enhance monitoring of ventricular functionMarcus Granegger
Center for Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, Vienna, Austria
Artif Organs 36:691-9. 2012..In conclusion, a flow estimator with sufficient frequency bandwidth and accuracy to allow determination of changes in ventricular contractility even in the case of improving heart function was developed...
- Reduction of CPR artifacts in the ventricular fibrillation ECG by coherent line removalAnton Amann
University Clinic of Anesthesia, Innsbruck Medical University, Anichstr 35, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Biomed Eng Online 9:2. 2010..Therefore ECG-analysis during ongoing chest compression could provide a considerable progress in comparison with standard analysis techniques working only during "hands-off" intervals...
- Use of independent component analysis for reducing CPR artefacts in human emergency ECGsMarcus Granegger
Department of Anesthesia, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Therapy, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Resuscitation 82:79-84. 2011..We applied independent component analysis (ICA) to cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)-corrupted human multichannel emergency ECGs with the aim of reconstructing the original ECGs...
- Strong corruption of electrocardiograms caused by cardiopulmonary resuscitation reduces efficiency of two-channel methods for removing motion artefacts in non-shockable rhythmsTobias Werther
Faculty of Mathematics, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Resuscitation 80:1301-7. 2009..We investigated the influence of the corruption level on the performance of four different two-channel methods for CPR artefact removal...
- Use of continuous flow ventricular assist devices in patients with heart failure and a normal ejection fraction: a computer-simulation studyFrancesco Moscato
Center for Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 145:1352-8. 2013..In the present study, the possible hemodynamic consequences of continuous flow left ventricular assist devices use for these patients were investigated...
- Investigation of hemodynamics in the assisted
isolated porcine heartMarcus Granegger
Center for Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna Austria and Ludwig Boltzmann Cluster for Cardiovascular Research, Vienna Austria
Int J Artif Organs 36:878-86. 2013..This tool thus provides further insight into the interaction between the heart and an RBP. ..
- Evaluation of left ventricular relaxation in rotary blood pump recipients using the pump flow waveform: a simulation studyFrancesco Moscato
Center for Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, Medical University of Vienna, AKH 4L, Waehringer Guertel18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Artif Organs 36:470-8. 2012..In conclusion, at least in simulation, relaxation can be derived from pump data. This noninvasively accessible information could contribute to a continuous estimation of the remaining cardiac function and its eventual recovery...
- The efficacy of spontaneous and controlled ventilation with various cricothyrotomy devices: a quantitative in vitro assessment in a model lungAndrea Michalek-Sauberer
Department of Special Anaesthesia and Pain Therapy, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna General Hospital, Vienna, Austria
J Trauma 71:886-92. 2011..0-mm ID Quicktrach, 6.0-mm inner diameter Melker, and 13-gauge Ravussin cannula) and two improvised devices (14-gauge intravenous cannula and spike and drip chamber device)...