Affiliation: Medical University of Vienna
- Sex is a stronger predictor of colorectal adenoma and advanced adenoma than fecal occult blood testMonika Ferlitsch
Quality Assurance Working Group, Austrian Society of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Freyung 6, 1010, Vienna, Austria
Med Oncol 31:151. 2014..8-2.1) and 1.8 (1.6-2), respectively (p < 0.001). Male sex is a stronger predictor for colorectal adenoma and advanced adenoma than positive FOBT. These results should be taken into account analyzing FOBT-based screening programs. ..
- Sex-specific prevalence of adenomas, advanced adenomas, and colorectal cancer in individuals undergoing screening colonoscopyMonika Ferlitsch
Quality Assurance Working Group, Austrian Society for Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Vienna, Austria
JAMA 306:1352-8. 2011..Although some studies have shown that men are at greater age-specific risk for advanced colorectal neoplasia than women, the age for referring patients to screening colonoscopy is independent of sex and usually recommended to be 50 years...
- Sedation in screening colonoscopy: impact on quality indicators and complicationsChristina Bannert
Quality Assurance Working Group of Austrian Society for Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Vienna, Austria
Am J Gastroenterol 107:1837-48. 2012..The objective of this study is to assess the impact of sedation on quality indicators, including CIR and ADR, according to sex...
- von Willebrand factor as new noninvasive predictor of portal hypertension, decompensation and mortality in patients with liver cirrhosisMonika Ferlitsch
Department of Internal Medicine III, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Hepatology 56:1439-47. 2012..vWF-Ag equals Model for End-Stage Liver Disease (MELD) in mortality prediction (area under the curve [AUC] = 0.71 for vWF-Ag versus AUC = 0.65 for MELD; P = 0.2)...
- Austrian consensus on the definition and treatment of portal hypertension and its complications (Billroth II)Markus Peck-Radosavljevic
Klinische Abteilung für Gastroenterologie und Hepatologie, Universitätsklinik für Innere Medizin III, Medizinische Universität Wien, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, 1090, Vienna, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 125:200-19. 2013..The Billroth II-Guidelines on the definitions and treatment of portal hypertension and its complications take into account the developments of the last 7 years, including the Baveno-V update and several key publications...