Affiliation: Medical University of Vienna
- Sarcoma of the ewing family in pregnancy: a case report of intrauterine fetal death after induction of chemotherapyS Schur
Comprehensive Cancer Center Musculoskeletal Tumors, GIST, Bone and Soft Tissue Sarcoma Program, Clinical Division of Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine I, Sarcoma Platform Austria, Vienna, Austria
Case Rep Oncol 5:633-8. 2012..The rare nature of this condition underlines once more the need for a multidisciplinary team to improve the quality of care for this highly special patient collective...
- Case Report of Suspected Rhabdomyolysis during Treatment with Trabectedin in a Patient with Metastatic LeiomyosarcomaW Lamm
Clinical Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Case Rep Oncol 3:477-9. 2010..Creatinine kinase levels dropped to normal levels. We suggest that continuation of trabectedin despite suspected rhabdomyolysis was safe in this specific patient...
- Bone matters in lung cancerT Brodowicz
Clinical Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna General Hospital, Vienna, Austria
Ann Oncol 23:2215-22. 2012..Bone metastases are a significant and undertreated clinical problem in patients with advanced lung cancer...
- [Consensus diagnosis and therapy of soft tissue sarcoma]Thomas Brodowicz
Klinische Abteilung für Onkologie, Universitatsklinik fur Innere Medizin, Wien, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 124:85-99. 2012..We hope that the consensus is helpful for the clinical practice and improves the quality of care for patients with soft tissue sarcomas in Austria...
- [GIST: adjuvant treatment in Austria]Thomas Brodowicz
Klinische Abteilung für Onkologie, Universitätsklinik für Innere Medizin I, Medizinische Universität Wien AKH, Wien, Austria
Wien Med Wochenschr 159:399-402. 2009....
- Evaluating the impact of Relative Total Dose Intensity (RTDI) on patients' short and long-term outcome in taxane- and anthracycline-based chemotherapy of metastatic breast cancer- a pooled analysisSibylle Loibl
German Breast Group, Neu Isenburg, Germany
BMC Cancer 11:131. 2011..Chemotherapy dose delay and/or reduction lower relative total dose intensity (RTDI) and may affect short- and long-term outcome of metastatic breast cancer (MBC) patients...
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors: diagnosis, therapy and follow-up care in AustriaEvelyne Bareck
Department of Surgery, General Hospital, Wiener Neustadt, Vienna, Austria
Wien Med Wochenschr 163:137-52. 2013..This paper contains guidelines and recommendations for diagnosis, therapy, and follow-up of GIST patients in Austria...
- [Gastrointestinal stromal tumors: recommendations for diagnosis, treatment and aftercare in Austria]Ferdinand Ploner
Klinische Abteilung für Onkologie, Universitatsklinik fur Innere Medizin, Medizinische Universitat Graz, Graz, Austria
Wien Med Wochenschr 159:370-82. 2009..Austrian representatives of 'GIST relevant' specialties authored this publication on a consensual base. This manuscript should be regarded as a guideline for 'GIST involved' colleagues in Austria...
- Single-agent trastuzumab versus trastuzumab plus cytotoxic chemotherapy in metastatic breast cancer: a single-institution experienceWolfgang J Kostler
Clinical Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine I, University Hospital of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Anticancer Drugs 16:185-90. 2005..This needs to be confirmed in prospective randomized trials...
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors: Recommendations on diagnosis, therapy and follow-up care in AustriaFerdinand Ploner
Clinical Division of Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical University Graz, Graz, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 121:780-90. 2009..The paper contains guidelines and recommendations for diagnosis, therapy and follow-up of GIST patients in Austria...
- The efficacy of trastuzumab in Her-2/neu-overexpressing metastatic breast cancer is independent of p53 statusWolfgang J Kostler
Clinical Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, 18 20 Waehringer Guertel, 1090, Vienna, Austria
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 131:420-8. 2005..The present study was performed to corroborate previous in vitro findings from our laboratory showing that trastuzumab induces growth arrest and apoptosis in a p53-independent manner...
- Monitoring of serum Her-2/neu predicts histopathological response to neoadjuvant trastuzumab-based therapy for breast cancerWolfgang J Kostler
Clinical Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine I, University Hospital of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Anticancer Res 24:1127-30. 2004....
- Monitoring of serum Her-2/neu predicts response and progression-free survival to trastuzumab-based treatment in patients with metastatic breast cancerWolfgang J Kostler
Department of Medicine I, University Hospital of Vienna, Austria
Clin Cancer Res 10:1618-24. 2004....
- Initially Localized Synovial Sarcoma in Adults: A Retrospective Single-Center Analysis of 26 Patients Registered at the Department of Oncology, University of Vienna between 2004 and 2013Wolfgang Lamm
Clinical Division of Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Oncology 87:48-57. 2014..The estimated 5-year OS rate was 62%. Conclusion: Patients with initially localized synovial sarcoma who were included in this retrospective single-center analysis have an estimated 5-year OS rate of 62%. © 2014 S. Karger AG, Basel. ..
- Cisplatin and gemcitabine first-line chemotherapy followed by maintenance gemcitabine or best supportive care in advanced non-small cell lung cancer: a phase III trialThomas Brodowicz
Medical University Hospital, Vienna, Austria
Lung Cancer 52:155-63. 2006....
- Intensified adjuvant IFADIC chemotherapy in combination with radiotherapy versus radiotherapy alone for soft tissue sarcoma: long-term follow-up of a prospective randomized feasibility trialNegar Fakhrai
Clinical Division of Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine I, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 122:614-9. 2010..87), TLF (P = 0.58), TDF (P = 0.60) as well as OS (P = 0.99) did not differ significantly between the two groups. Adjuvant chemotherapy was not translated into a significant benefit concerning RFS, TLF, TDF, and OS for STS patients...
- Phase II study of docetaxel in combination with oxaliplatin in patients with metastatic or locally advanced esophagogastric cancer previously untreated with chemotherapy for advanced disease: results of the Central European Cooperative Oncology Group StudMichael Hejna
Department of Internal Medicine I, Division of Oncology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Anticancer Drugs 19:535-9. 2008..Our data suggest that the combination of docetaxel and oxaliplatin with granulocyte colony-stimulating factor and erythropoietin has a promising therapeutic index in patients with advanced gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma...
- Autologous stem cell transplantation in adults with metastatic sarcoma of the Ewing family: a single centre experienceWolfgang Lamm
Sarcoma Program, Clinical Division of Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090, Vienna, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 125:129-33. 2013..The aim of this retrospective single centre study was to evaluate the efficacy of autologous stem cell transplantation (ASCT) in this patient population...
- Gemcitabine, epirubicin, and paclitaxel versus fluorouracil, epirubicin, and cyclophosphamide as first-line chemotherapy in metastatic breast cancer: a Central European Cooperative Oncology Group International, multicenter, prospective, randomized phase IChristoph Zielinski
Department of Medicine I, University Hospital, 18 20 Waehringer Guertel, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Clin Oncol 23:1401-8. 2005....
- Whole body hyperthermia by extracorporeal circulation in spontaneously breathing sarcoma patients: hemodynamics and oxygen metabolismGottfried J Locker
Intensive Care Unit, Department of Internal Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Int J Artif Organs 34:1085-94. 2011....
- Downregulation of phosphatidylethanolamine binding protein 1 associates with clinical risk factors in gastrointestinal stromal tumors, but not with activation of the RAF-1-MEK-ETV1 pathwaySebastian F Schoppmann
Department of Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Cancer Lett 335:26-30. 2013..Loss of PEBP1 associates with clinical risk factors, but since no significant influence on survival was found, further studies are required...
- Trabectedin in patients with metastatic soft tissue sarcoma: a retrospective single center analysisSophie Schur
Comprehensive Cancer Center Musculoskeletal Tumors, General Hospital of Vienna, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Anticancer Drugs 24:725-30. 2013..As visible from the present data, a considerable percentage of patients with advanced/metastatic STS benefit from sequential lines of drug therapy as well as pulmonary metastasectomy. ..
- Inhibition of tumor cell growth by antibodies induced after vaccination with peptides derived from the extracellular domain of Her-2/neuJoanna Jasinska
BioLife Science GmbH, Vienna, Austria
Int J Cancer 107:976-83. 2003..We conclude from our data that immunization with Her-2/neu peptides successfully induced humoral immune response with anti-tumor activity in an animal model...
- Defect of tumour necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) production and TNF-alpha-induced ICAM-1-expression in BRCA1 mutations carriersChristoph C Zielinski
Clinical Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine I, University Hospital, Vienna, Austria
Breast Cancer Res Treat 81:99-105. 2003..Previous studies from our laboratory have indicated impaired production of TNF-alpha by monocytes as well as decreased expression of ICAM-1 on monocytes derived from patients with various stages of breast cancer...
- Recurrent malignant Triton tumour: first report on a long time survivorWolfgang J Kostler
Clinical Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine I, University Hospital of Vienna, 18 20 Waehringer Guertel, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Oncol Rep 10:533-5. 2003..This is the first report on a long-term survivor of multiple recurrences of malignant Triton tumour...
- Sorafenib in advanced, heavily pretreated patients with soft tissue sarcomasKira Brämswig
aDepartment of Internal Medicine I, Division of Oncology, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Medical University of Vienna bDepartment of Medicine I and Medical Oncology, Wilhelminenspital cDepartment of Gynecology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna dDepartment of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology, Medical University of Graz, Graz eDepartment of Internal Medicine, Medical University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck fDepartment of Haematology and Oncology, Hospital Wels Grieskirchen, Wels g3rd Medical Department with Haematology, Medical Oncology, Haemostaseology, Rheumatology and Infectious Diseases, Paracelsus Medical University Salzburg, Salzburg hInternal Medicine I, Department of Medical Oncology, Haematology and Gastroenterology, Hospital Barmherzige Schwestern Linz iInternal Medicine I, Elisabethinen Hospital Linz jDepartment of Internal Medicine III, Center for Medical Oncology and Haematology, General Hospital Linz, Linz kDepartment of Internal Medicine, Saint Vincent Hospital Zams, Zams, Austria
Anticancer Drugs 25:848-53. 2014..In this retrospective analysis of heavily pretreated patients with advanced soft tissue sarcomas, sorafenib was associated with some antitumor activity and an acceptable toxicity profile. ..
- Translating the molecular analysis of cancer biology into therapeutic conceptsRobert M Mader
Department of Medicine, Clinical Division of Oncology, Comprehensive Cancer Center of the Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Cancer Biomark 14:87-91. 2014..Although very challenging and ambitious, this understanding would closely link tumour biology, biomarker validation and rational therapeutic decisions. ..