Affiliation: Landeskrankenhaus Feldkirch
- Mild head injury in pediatrics: algorithms for management in the ED and in young athletesBurkhard Simma
Department of Pediatrics, Academic Teaching Hospital, Landeskrankenhaus Feldkirch, 6800 Feldkirch, Austria
Am J Emerg Med 31:1133-8. 2013..We describe in detail standardized guidelines for appropriate diagnosis and treatment and discuss the association between repetitive minor injuries and chronic traumatic encephalopathy and neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Therapy in pediatric strokeB Simma
Department of Pediatrics, Academic Teaching Hospital, Landeskrankenhaus Feldkirch, Feldkirch 6800, Austria
Eur J Pediatr 172:867-75. 2013..Lifelong secondary prevention has never been investigated in children or adults. All guidelines agree that there is no indication for thrombolysis in children outside clinical trials, although clinical practice in large centers differs...
- Risk factors for pediatric stroke: consequences for therapy and quality of lifeBurkhard Simma
Department of Pediatrics, Academic Teaching Hospital, Landeskrankenhaus Feldkirch, Feldkirch, Austria
Pediatr Neurol 37:121-6. 2007..Most children with pediatric stroke have more than one risk factor, mainly vasculopathies or elevation of lipoprotein(a). Overall outcome is determined solely by neurological deficits and is positively influenced by good quality of life...
- Predicting survival infants ventilated with high-frequency oscillationB Simma
Intensive Care Unit, Children s Hospital, Innsbruck, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 112:804-10. 2000..The positive predictive value was 79%; the negative predictive value, 70%...
- Hyperhomocysteinemia in children treated with antiepileptic drugs is normalized by folic acid supplementationMartina Huemer
Department of Pediatrics, Academic Teaching Hospital Landeskrankenhaus LKH, Feldkirch, Austria
Epilepsia 46:1677-83. 2005....
- Prenatal and postnatal treatment in cobalamin C defectMartina Huemer
Department of Pediatrics, Landeskrankenhaus, Feldkirch, Austria
J Pediatr 147:469-72. 2005..To evaluate prenatal treatment with hydroxycobalamin (OH-Cbl) in a pregnancy at risk for a severe form of the cobalamin C defect and postnatal treatment of the affected child...
- Total homocysteine, folate, and cobalamin, and their relation to genetic polymorphisms, lifestyle and body mass index in healthy children and adolescentsMartina Huemer
Department of Pediatrics, Academic Teaching Hospital Landeskrankenhaus LKH, 6800 Feldkirch, Austria
Pediatr Res 60:764-9. 2006..Both the MTHFR 677TT genotype and the MTHFR 1793A allele were not associated with hyperhomocysteinemia. The prevalence of the MTHFR 1793AA genotype was too low for meaningful interpretation...
- Vaccine strategies of meningococcal disease: results of a 10-year population-based studyAriane Biebl
Department of Paediatrics, Academic Teaching Hospital, Feldkirch, Austria
Eur J Pediatr 164:735-40. 2005..Overall mortality was 11.1%. There was a significant increase (P =0.001) in IMD due to serogroup B disease within the last 10 years. In contrast, serogroup C disease did not increase during the last decade...
- Neonatal diabetes mellitus due to pancreas agenesis: a new case report and review of the literatureDaniela Seick Barbarini
Department of Pediatrics, Academic Teaching Hospital, Landeskrankenhaus Feldkirch, A 6800 Feldkirch, Voralberg, Austria
Pediatr Diabetes 10:487-91. 2009..Timely diagnosis and adequate treatment of both endocrine and exocrine insufficiency may permit survival and normal development...
- Compliance to clinical guidelines determines outcome in glutaric aciduria type I in the era of newborn screeningI Höliner
Department of Pediatrics, University Teaching Hospital, Landeskrankenhaus, Feldkirch, Austria
Klin Padiatr 222:35-7. 2010..Our patient provides evidence that early commencement and strict adherence to treatment improves clinical outcome even in patients with complete absence of enzyme activity...
- High-frequency oscillatory ventilation does not decrease endothelin release in lung-lavaged rabbitsB Simma
Children s Hospital, Department of Biostatistics, University of Innsbruck, Austria
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 60:213-20. 2000..We hypothesized that HFO leads to decreased endothelin 1 (ET-1) and endothelin 3 (ET-3) release when compared to conventional mechanical ventilation (CMV) in lung-lavaged rabbits...
- CD14 C-159T and toll-like receptor 4 Asp299Gly polymorphisms in surviving meningococcal disease patientsAriane Biebl
Department of Pediatrics, University Teaching Hospital, Feldkirch, Austria
PLoS ONE 4:e7374. 2009..However, their role in development of IMD still remains unclear. Our aim was to investigate the influence of CD14 C-159T and TLR4 Asp299Gly polymorphisms on the risk of IMD...