Affiliation: Konventhospital Barmherzige Brueder
- Aspirin is first-line treatment for migraine and episodic tension-type headache regardless of headache intensityChristian Lampl
Department of Neurology, Pain and Headache Center, Konventhospital Barmherzige Brueder, Linz, Austria
Headache 52:48-56. 2012....
- Two different doses of amitriptyline ER in the prophylaxis of migraine: long-term results and predictive factorsC Lampl
Department of Neurology and Pain Medicine, Konventhospital Barmherzige Brüder Linz, Linz, Austria
Eur J Neurol 16:943-8. 2009..We aimed at evaluating whether 50 mg of amitryptiline extended release was more effective than 25 mg in reducing the number of migraine days...
- [Migraine - diagnostic features, acute therapy and prophylactics]Christian Lampl
Konventhospital Barmherzige Brüder Linz, Osterreich
Ther Umsch 68:501-5. 2011..Acute medications are more effective if used earlier in an attack. The goals of preventive therapy are to reduce the frequency, painfulness, and/or duration of migraines, and to increase quality of life...
- Difference in triptan effect in patients with migraine and early allodyniaC Lampl
Department of Neurology and Pain Medicine, Konventhospital Barmherzige Brüder, Linz, Austria
Cephalalgia 28:1031-8. 2008..The study results indicate that migraine headache intensity can be reduced within 1 h by using zolmitriptan 5 mg nasal spray in spite of the presence of early cutaneous allodynia...
- Weekly IM interferon beta-1a in multiple sclerosis patients over 50 years of ageC Lampl
Department of Neurology and Pain Medicine, Koventhospital Barmherzige Brüder Linz, Linz, Austria
Eur J Neurol 19:142-8. 2012..We investigated the efficacy and safety of IM IFNβ-1a in patients segregated by 50 and 40 years of age in separate meta-analyses...
- Pregabalin as mono- or add-on therapy for patients with refractory chronic neuropathic pain: a post-marketing prescription-event monitoring studyChristian Lampl
Department of Neurology and Pain Medicine, Konventhospital Barmherzige Brüder, Seilerstätte 2, 4020 Linz, Austria
J Neurol 257:1265-73. 2010..These results demonstrate that PGB administered twice daily is superior to treatment regimes without PGB in reducing pain and pain-related interference in quality of life...
- Efficacy and safety of 1,000 mg effervescent aspirin: individual patient data meta-analysis of three trials in migraine headache and migraine accompanying symptomsChristian Lampl
Dept of Neurology, Pain and Headache Center, Krankenhaus der Barmherzigen Schwestern, Seilerstätte 4, A 4010 Linz, Austria
J Neurol 254:705-12. 2007..This is also true for patients with moderate as well as severe headache at baseline. Patients therefore should be advised to use eASA first for migraine attacks and use a triptan in case of no response...
- Amitriptyline in the prophylaxis of central poststroke pain. Preliminary results of 39 patients in a placebo-controlled, long-term studyChristian Lampl
Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, General Hospital Linz, Linz, Austria
Stroke 33:3030-2. 2002..We performed a double-blind, placebo-controlled study to investigate the effectiveness of amitriptyline for the prophylactic treatment of patients with acute thalamic stroke in preventing central poststroke pain...
- Ergot and triptan overuse in Austria--an evaluation of clinical data and costC Lampl
Department of Neurology, Psychiatry and Pain Centre, General Hospital Linz, Linz, Austria
Cephalalgia 22:807-11. 2002....
- Efficacy and safety of interferon beta-1b sc in older RRMS patients--a posthoc analysis of the BEYOND studyChristian Lampl
Department of Neurogeriatric Medicine, Hospital Sisters of Charity, Seilerstaette 4, Linz, Austria
J Neurol 260:1838-45. 2013..047). Only minor differences in adverse event frequencies between the age groups for the two cut-offs were seen. These results indicate that IFNB-1b is as efficacious and safe in patients ≥ 50 years as <50 years of age...
- Relationship of locus of control in women with migraine and healthy volunteersChristian Lampl
Department of Neurology, Pain and Headache Center, General Hospital, Linz, Austria
Headache 43:878-83. 2003..To investigate potential differences in various aspects of personality in women with migraine with aura, without aura, and in healthy volunteers...