G J Wetscher
Affiliation: Innsbruck Medical University
- Efficacy of medical therapy and antireflux surgery to prevent Barrett's metaplasia in patients with gastroesophageal reflux diseaseG J Wetscher
Department of Surgery, University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Ann Surg 234:627-32. 2001..To investigate whether Barrett's metaplasia may develop despite effective medical therapy...
- Laparoscopic partial posterior (Toupet) fundoplication improves esophageal bolus propagation on scintigraphyH Wykypiel
Department of General and Transplant Surgery, Medical University, Anichstrasse 35, A 6020, Innsbruck, Austria
Surg Endosc 22:1845-51. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication (NF), laparoscopic partial posterior (Toupet) fundoplication (PPF) or medical therapy on esophageal clearance...
- Robot-assisted laparoscopic partial posterior fundoplication with the DaVinci system: initial experiences and technical aspectsH Wykypiel
Department of General Surgery, University of Innsbruck, Anichstrasse 35, 6020, Innsbruck, Austria
Langenbecks Arch Surg 387:411-6. 2003..The procedure allows for an accurate approximation of the hiatal crura and for precise construction of the fundic wrap. However, robotic surgery is expensive and the setup of the system is time consuming at present...
- Barrett's esophagus in patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease. Medical therapy or antireflux surgery?A Klaus
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Minerva Chir 57:397-402. 2002..Surgery should be considered in all Barrett's patients especially in young patients, patients with large hiatal hernia, increasing drug doses or noncompliance to medical therapy...
- The Nissen fundoplication: indication, technical aspects and postoperative outcomeH Wykypiel
Department of General and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Langenbecks Arch Surg 390:495-502. 2005..However, due to an increase of outflow resistance of the oesophagus this operation is associated with some postoperative side effects. Therefore, alternative anti-reflux procedures may be indicated in selected patients...