G J Wetscher
Affiliation: Innsbruck Medical University
- Efficacy of medical therapy and antireflux surgery to prevent Barrett's metaplasia in patients with gastroesophageal reflux diseaseG J Wetscher
Department of Surgery, University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Ann Surg 234:627-32. 2001..To investigate whether Barrett's metaplasia may develop despite effective medical therapy...
- Laparoscopic partial posterior (Toupet) fundoplication improves esophageal bolus propagation on scintigraphyH Wykypiel
Department of General and Transplant Surgery, Medical University, Anichstrasse 35, A 6020, Innsbruck, Austria
Surg Endosc 22:1845-51. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication (NF), laparoscopic partial posterior (Toupet) fundoplication (PPF) or medical therapy on esophageal clearance...
- Robot-assisted laparoscopic partial posterior fundoplication with the DaVinci system: initial experiences and technical aspectsH Wykypiel
Department of General Surgery, University of Innsbruck, Anichstrasse 35, 6020, Innsbruck, Austria
Langenbecks Arch Surg 387:411-6. 2003..This pilot study evaluated the role of the DaVinci operation robot for laparoscopic antireflux surgery...
- Barrett's esophagus in patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease. Medical therapy or antireflux surgery?A Klaus
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Minerva Chir 57:397-402. 2002..Surgery should be considered in all Barrett's patients especially in young patients, patients with large hiatal hernia, increasing drug doses or noncompliance to medical therapy...
- The Nissen fundoplication: indication, technical aspects and postoperative outcomeH Wykypiel
Department of General and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Langenbecks Arch Surg 390:495-502. 2005..Medical therapy often fails, due to the complex pathophysiology of GERD. Surgery can cure the disease, since it is able to restore the anti-reflux barrier. It improves quality of life and prevents carcinogenesis...