Affiliation: Innsbruck Medical University
- Hemostatic changes after crystalloid or colloid fluid administration during major orthopedic surgery: the role of fibrinogen administrationMarkus Mittermayr
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Anesth Analg 105:905-17, table of contents. 2007..To explore whether disturbed fibrin polymerization is the main problem underlying dilutional coagulopathy and can be reversed by fibrinogen administration, we conducted a prospective study using modified thrombelastography (ROTEM)...
- Detection of protamine and heparin after termination of cardiopulmonary bypass by thrombelastometry (ROTEM): results of a pilot studyMarkus Mittermayr
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Anichstr 35, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Anesth Analg 108:743-50. 2009..Our goal of this study was to determine whether protamine's effects on coagulation can be detected and differentiated from those of heparin when using thrombelastometry (ROTEM)...
- Effects of colloid and crystalloid solutions on endogenous activation of fibrinolysis and resistance of polymerized fibrin to recombinant tissue plasminogen activator added ex vivoM Mittermayr
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Anichstrasse 35, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Br J Anaesth 100:307-14. 2008..The study was conducted to explore the effects of colloid and crystalloid solutions on activation of fibrinolysis during orthopaedic surgery and to determine whether fluids facilitate clot dissolution at a particular fibrinolytic activity...
- Effects of protamine and heparin can be detected and easily differentiated by modified thrombelastography (Rotem): an in vitro studyM Mittermayr
Clinic for Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Br J Anaesth 95:310-6. 2005..We therefore measured coagulation time (CT) by modified thrombelastography (Rotem) as a possible differential monitor of the effects of heparin and protamine...
- Intraoperatively salvaged red blood cells contain nearly no functionally active platelets, but exhibit formation of microparticles: results of a pilot study in orthopedic patientsElgar Oswald
Clinic of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, The Department of Pediatrics, and the KMT Laboratory, Department of General and Transplant Surgery, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Transfusion 50:400-6. 2010..This study was conducted to explore whether such RBCs contain clinically relevant numbers of active residual platelets (PLTs) or exhibit formation of microparticles (MPs)...
- Prevalence and impact of abnormal ROTEM(R) assays in severe blunt trauma: results of the 'Diagnosis and Treatment of Trauma-Induced Coagulopathy (DIA-TRE-TIC) study'H Tauber
Clinic of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Anichstrasse 35, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Br J Anaesth 107:378-87. 2011..ROTEM(®)/TEG(®) (rotational thromboelastometry) assays appear to be useful for the treatment of bleeding trauma patients. However, data on the prevalence and impact of abnormal ROTEM(®) assays are scarce...
- Endotoxinemia-induced changes in coagulation as measured by rotation thrombelastometry technique and conventional laboratory tests: results of a pilot study on pigsCorinna Velik-Salchner
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 20:41-6. 2009..The ROTEM assays were able to reflect endotoxinemia-dependent changes in the hemostatic system in pigs early by showing not only activation but also signs of consumption, whereas results of routine coagulation tests remained unchanged...
- An assessment of cardiopulmonary bypass-induced changes in platelet function using whole blood and classical light transmission aggregometry: the results of a pilot studyCorinna Velik-Salchner
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Anichstrasse 35, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Anesth Analg 108:1747-54. 2009..In this study, we explored whether antiplatelet medications impair whole blood impedance aggregometry after cardiac surgery and cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) compared with classical light transmission aggregometry (LTA)...
- Coagulation changes and edema formation during long-distance bus travelWolfgang Schobersberger
University for Health Sciences, Medical Informatics and Technology Tyrol, Institute for Leisure, Travel and Alpine Medicine, Innsbruck, Austria
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 15:419-25. 2004..Thus, it is questionable whether hypoxia is the crucial risk factor for thromboembolic events after long-haul flights...
- Changes of biochemical markers and functional tests for clot formation during long-haul flightsWolfgang Schobersberger
Department for General and Surgical Intensive Care Medicine, Clinic for Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, The Leopold Franzens University of Innsbruck, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Thromb Res 108:19-24. 2002..Long-haul flights have been suggested to be associated with an increased risk for thromboembolic events. Until now, changes in the coagulation system during an actual flight have not been investigated...
- The effect of the combined administration of colloids and lactated Ringer's solution on the coagulation system: an in vitro study using thrombelastograph coagulation analysis (ROTEGDietmar Fries
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, The Leopold Franzens University of Innsbruck, Austria
Anesth Analg 94:1280-7, table of contents. 2002..We conclude that gelatin combined with 6% HES 200/0.5 or 6% HES 130/0.4 decreases hemostasis <6% HES 200/0.5 or 6% HES 130/0.4 administered alone...
- Air travel, hypobaric hypoxia, and prothrombotic changesWolfgang Schobersberger
JAMA 296:2313-4; author reply 2314-5. 2006
- Changes in blood coagulation of arm and leg veins during a simulated long-haul flightWolfgang Schobersberger
Institute for Leisure, Travel and Alpine Medicine, University for Health Sciences, Medical Informatics and Technology, Eduard Wallnöfer Zentrum 1, A 6060 Hall Tyrol, Austria
Thromb Res 119:293-300. 2007..At present, markers of coagulation and fibrinolysis were only analyzed from arm veins after long distance travel. Respective data from leg veins are missing...