Affiliation: Innsbruck Medical University
- [Are there substantial reasons for contraindicating antidepressants in bipolar disorder? Part II: facts or artefacts?]Armand Hausmann
Medizinische Universitat Innsbruck, Univ Klinik für Psychiatrie, rTMS Labor Tagesklinik für Affektive Erkrankungen, Innsbruck
Neuropsychiatr 21:131-58. 2007..Literature on the use of antidepressants in maintenance is virtually absent. The authors present current literature and guidelines of recent treatment recommendations in bipolar depression...
- [Women seek for help - men die! Is depression really a female disease?]Armand Hausmann
Universitätsklinik für Psychiatrie, Medizinische Universitat Innsbruck
Neuropsychiatr 22:43-8. 2008..Validated rating scales which specifically assess male symptoms of depression, as well as peer-education programs for colleagues might change current depression rates in males...
- [Are there substantial reasons for contraindicating antidepressants in bipolar disorder? Part III. The alternatives!]Armand Hausmann
Universitätsklinik für Psychiatrie, Medizinische Universiätt Innsbruck
Neuropsychiatr 21:248-60. 2007..Because of clinical wisdom, in patients with mixed episodes or rapid cycling antidepressants should be avoided...
- [Focussing on bipolar disorder]Amand Hausmann
Medizinische Universitat Innsbruck, Univ Klinik für Psychiatrie, Innsbruck
Neuropsychiatr 21:76-83. 2007..It seems even that the old epistemic conflict between ideographic and taxonomic approaches in psychiatry, celebrates a revival...
- [Psychotherapeutic interventions in bipolar disorder: a review]Armand Hausmann
Medizinische Universitat Innsbruck, Univ Klinik für Psychiatrie, Tagesklinik für Affektive Erkrankungen
Neuropsychiatr 21:102-9. 2007..Efficacy of psychoeducation seems to be rather short lived. Currently not yet evaluated booster-sessions might help. More data are needed in order to identify patients with a putative good response to psychotherapeutic interventions...
- Menarche, puberty, and first sexual activities in eating-disordered patients as compared with a psychiatric and a nonpsychiatric control groupBarbara Mangweth-Matzek
Department of Psychiatry, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Int J Eat Disord 40:705-10. 2007..To examine chronology and experience of menarche, puberty, and first sexual activities in eating-disordered patients as compared with a psychiatric and a nonpsychiatric control group...
- [Child and adolescent bipolar disorder]Wolfgang Aichhorn
Universitatsklinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, PMU Salzburg
Neuropsychiatr 21:84-92. 2007..However the use of antidepressants in children and adolescents should be considered with great caution due to arguable efficacy and potentially severe adverse effects, i.e. amplification of suicidal ideation...
- [Depressive symptoms and the Idiopathic Parkinson's Syndrome (IPS): a review]Giancarlo Giupponi
Psychiatrische Dienste Bozen, Italien
Neuropsychiatr 22:71-82. 2008..Dopamine agonists as well as antidepressants present the mainstay in biological therapeutic interventions. A therapeutic algorithm based on theoretical considerations is presented...
- No deterioration of cognitive performance in an aggressive unilateral and bilateral antidepressant rTMS add-on trialArmand Hausmann
Department of General Psychiatry, University Hospital Innsbruck, Austria
J Clin Psychiatry 65:772-82. 2004....
- [Is there a rationale in combining anticonvulsants for bipolar patients?]Andreas Conca
Abteilung der Psychiatrie I, Landeskrankenhaus Rankweil
Neuropsychiatr 21:159-71. 2007....
- Never too old for eating disorders or body dissatisfaction: a community study of elderly womenBarbara Mangweth-Matzek
Department of Psychiatry, Innsbruck Medical University, Anichstr 35, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Int J Eat Disord 39:583-6. 2006..The aim of the study is to examine eating behavior and body attitude in elderly women...
- Predictors of antidepressant response in clinical trials of transcranial magnetic stimulationFelipe Fregni
Harvard Center for Noninvasive Brain Stimulation, Beth Israel Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 9:641-54. 2006..In conclusion TMS antidepressant therapy in younger and less treatment-resistant patients is associated with better outcome...
- Family study of affective spectrum disorderJames I Hudson
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 60:170-7. 2003..Two predictions of the ASD hypothesis were tested: that ASD, taken as a single entity, would aggregate in families and that MDD would coaggregate with other forms of ASD in families...
- Brain activation patterns during a selective attention test-a functional MRI study in healthy volunteers and patients with schizophreniaElisabeth M Weiss
Department of Biological Psychiatry, Innsbruck University Clinics, Anichstrasse 35, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Psychiatry Res 123:1-15. 2003....
- Body fat perception in eating-disordered menBarbara Mangweth
Department of Psychiatry, University Clinics Innsbruck, Anichstr 35, A 6020, Austria
Int J Eat Disord 35:102-8. 2004..We sought to assess the relative roles of body fat ideals and body fat perception in men with eating disorders...
- Body-image dissatisfaction in gay versus heterosexual men: is there really a difference?Armand Hausmann
Department of Psychiatry, Innsbruck University Hospital, Innsbruck, Austria
J Clin Psychiatry 65:1555-8. 2004....
- Can bilateral prefrontal repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) induce mania? A case reportArmand Hausmann
J Clin Psychiatry 65:1575-6. 2004
- A case of delayed galactorrhoea as an adverse event of overlapping haloperidol and clozapine administrationAndreas Conca
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 8:303-5. 2005
- Childhood body-focused behaviors and social behaviors as risk factors of eating disordersBarbara Mangweth
Department of Psychiatry, Innsbruck University Hospitals, Innsbruck, Austria
Psychother Psychosom 74:247-53. 2005..Therefore, we assessed a variety of childhood body-focused behaviors and childhood social behaviors in eating-disordered patients as compared to non-eating-disordered subjects...
- Trends in the pharmacological treatment of patients with schizophrenia over a 12 year observation periodMonika Edlinger
Department of Biological Psychiatry, Medical University Innsbruck Anichstrasse 35 A 6020, Austria
Schizophr Res 77:25-34. 2005..All in all, the pharmacological management of schizophrenia patients is increasingly in tune with current treatment guidelines...
- Combining high and low frequencies in rTMS antidepressive treatment: preliminary resultsAndreas Conca
Departments of Psychiatry I and II, Regional Hospital, 6830 Rankweil, Austria
Hum Psychopharmacol 17:353-6. 2002..These preliminary findings suggest that rTMS, at varying frequencies and stimulation placements, evokes different psychoactive effects of clinical relevance...