Affiliation: Innsbruck Medical University
- Pegfilgrastim prophylaxis in patients at different levels of risk for chemotherapy-associated febrile neutropenia: an observational studyMichael Fiegl
University Hospital, Medical University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Curr Med Res Opin 29:505-15. 2013..Guidelines for using granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) in patients receiving chemotherapies with 10-20% (intermediate) risk for febrile neutropenia (FN) recommend additional assessment of patient-related FN risk factors...
- Clinical outcome of pretreated B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia following alemtuzumab therapy: a retrospective study on various cytogenetic risk categoriesM Fiegl
Department of Internal Medicine V, Medical University of Innsbruck, Austria
Ann Oncol 21:2410-9. 2010..This retrospective study evaluated the benefit of alemtuzumab monotherapy in unselected patients with advanced CLL in the various cytogenetic subgroups...
- Successful alemtuzumab retreatment in progressive B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia: a multicenter survey in 30 patientsMichael Fiegl
Department of Internal Medicine V, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Medical University of Innsbruck, Anichstrasse 35, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Ann Hematol 90:1083-91. 2011..We conclude that alemtuzumab retreatment represents an effective and tolerable therapeutic option for selected patients with CLL...
- Single-agent pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (PLD) in the treatment of metastatic breast cancer: results of an Austrian observational trialMichael Fiegl
Department of Internal Medicine V Hematology Oncoloy, Medical University of Innsbruck, Anichstrasse 35, Innsbruck, Austria
BMC Cancer 11:373. 2011..Pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (PLD) has a favourable toxicity profile and can be used in first or higher lines of therapy. PLD has demonstrated response activity even after prior anthracycline exposure...
- Noninvasive detection of lung cancer by analysis of exhaled breathAmel Bajtarevic
Department of Operative Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
BMC Cancer 9:348. 2009..An early non-invasive diagnosis of lung cancer would improve prognosis and enlarge treatment options. Analysis of exhaled breath would be an ideal diagnostic method, since it is non-invasive and totally painless...
- Fatigue in patients with lung cancer is related with accelerated tryptophan breakdownKatharina Kurz
Division of Biological Chemistry, Biocenter, Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
PLoS ONE 7:e36956. 2012..Patients with cancer often suffer from fatigue and decreased quality of life which might be related to the breakdown of essential amino acid tryptophan...
- Clinical relevance of neuroendocrine differentiation in non-small cell lung cancer assessed by immunohistochemistry: a retrospective study on 405 surgically resected casesWilliam Sterlacci
Institute for Pathology, Medical University Innsbruck, Muellerstrasse 44, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Virchows Arch 455:125-32. 2009..In conclusion, additional immunohistochemical detection of neuroendocrine differentiation in non-small cell lung cancer is presently not of prognostic importance and does not justify a distinct consideration...
- Docetaxel in the Treatment of Non-small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) - An Observational Study Focusing on Symptom ImprovementAndreas Pircher
Medical University of Innsbruck, Department of Internal Medicine V, Anichstrasse 35, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Anticancer Res 33:3831-6. 2013..Results of an observational study on docetaxel-based therapy in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) with focus on symptom control and therapy response, are reported...
- [Expert recommendations 2006 on the rationale for second-line therapy for non-small cell bronchial neoplasms]Wolfgang Hilbe
Medizinische Universitat Innsbruck, Klinische Abteilung für Allgemeine Innere Medizin, Schwerpunkt Onkologie, Innsbruck, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 119:259-66. 2007
- Routine clinical use of alemtuzumab in patients with heavily pretreated B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia: a nation-wide retrospective study in AustriaMichael Fiegl
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hemato Oncology, University Hospital of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Cancer 107:2408-16. 2006..In this retrospective study, the authors evaluated the benefit of alemtuzumab monotherapy in unselected patients with advanced, previously treated CLL who received treatment in the routine clinical setting...
- Quality of life trajectory in patients with advanced cancer during the last year of lifeJohannes M Giesinger
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
J Palliat Med 14:904-12. 2011..Our study investigated the patient-reported severity of QOL impairments during the last year of life, with a special focus on their course at the end of life...
- Angiogenesis in nodal B cell lymphomas: a high throughput studyAlexandar Tzankov
Institute of Pathology, Medical University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
J Clin Pathol 60:476-82. 2007....
- Inverse association between serum selenium concentrations and parameters of immune activation in patients with cardiac disordersChristian Murr
Division of Biological Chemistry, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Clin Chem Lab Med 45:1224-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine the relationship between serum selenium concentrations and neopterin production and tryptophan degradation in patients with cardiac disorders...
- Basic clinical parameters predict gefitinib efficacy in non-small cell lung cancerAndreas Pircher
Medical University of Innsbruck, Department of Internal Medicine V Haematology and Oncology, Anichstrasse 35, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Anticancer Res 31:2949-55. 2011..We retrospectively analysed data for 82 patients with advanced NSCLC treated with gefitinib and correlated benefits with clinical baseline and therapy-related parameters...
- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma with overexpression of cyclin e substantiates poor standard treatment response and inferior outcomeAlexandar Tzankov
Institutes of Pathology, Medical University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Clin Cancer Res 12:2125-32. 2006..Deregulation of cyclin E (CCNE) is a strong predictor of poor prognosis in some neoplastic diseases. In tumor cells, it induces chromosomal instability with an increased rate of aneuploidy/polyploidy...
- Favorable prognosis of operable non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients harboring an increased expression of tumor endothelial markers (TEMs)Andreas Pircher
Department of Internal Medicine V, Hematology and Oncology, Medical University of Innsbruck, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Lung Cancer 81:252-8. 2013..5 months and ECSCR high 120.5 vs. ECSCR low 42.2 months). In summary, we found that TEMs are overexpressed in NSCLC stromal tissue and that an increased TEM expression correlated with an increased overall survival in early stage NSCLC...
- Determination of volatile organic compounds in exhaled breath of patients with lung cancer using solid phase microextraction and gas chromatography mass spectrometryMagdalena Ligor
Department of Anaesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Clin Chem Lab Med 47:550-60. 2009..This might lead to a future diagnostic test for lung cancer...
- Diminished quality of life in patients with cancer correlates with tryptophan degradationKatharina Schroecksnadel
Division of Biological Chemistry, Biocenter, Innsbruck Medical University, Fritz Pregl Strasse 3, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 133:477-85. 2007..In this study, we compared QoL and fatigue self-rating scores of patients with various types of malignancy with tryptophan metabolic changes and immune activation status...
- "Idiopathic Bence-Jones proteinuria": a new characterization of an old entityMichael Mian
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Medical University of Innsbruck, Anichstraße 35, 6020, Innsbruck, Austria
Ann Hematol 92:1263-70. 2013..Our data suggest that MGUS+BJP being closer to malignant transformation may be due to the higher portion of genetically heterogeneous, pre-malignant plasma cell subclones. ..
- FISH cytogenetics and prognosis in breast and non-small cell lung cancersAnita Massoner
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Medical University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Cytometry B Clin Cytom 62:52-6. 2004..As the next step, we investigated whether certain patterns of numeric aberrations in malignant effusion cells supply prognostic information...
- Routine use of bendamustine and rituximab combination therapy in consecutive patients with lymphoproliferative diseases: a survey from Tyrolean hospitalsChristian Waldthaler
Department of Internal Medicine V, Hematology and Oncology, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 123:269-75. 2011..The objective was to demonstrate feasibility and therapeutic efficacy of routine clinical use of the bendamustine/rituximab combination in lymphoproliferative diseases...