- Postmortem study of femoral osteolysis associated with metal-on-metal articulation in total hip replacement: an analysis of nine casesMonika Huber
Institute of Pathology and Bacteriology, SMZ Otto Wagner Spital, Baumgartner Hoehe 1, 1145 Vienna, Austria
J Bone Joint Surg Am 92:1720-31. 2010..Osteolysis and local lymphocytic infiltration have been reported at revision of some metal-on-metal devices. We report similar and additional results in a study of second-generation metal-on-metal hip implants retrieved post mortem...
- Synovial hemangioma of the knee joint in a 12-year-old boy: a case reportAnosheh Vakil-Adli
Department of Orthopaedic and Orthopaedic Surgery, St Vincent s Hospital, Seilerstätte 4, Linz, Austria
J Med Case Reports 4:105. 2010..Synovial hemangioma is a rare condition and is frequently misdiagnosed, leading to a diagnostic delay of many years...
- Presence of corrosion products and hypersensitivity-associated reactions in periprosthetic tissue after aseptic loosening of total hip replacements with metal bearing surfacesMonika Huber
Institute of Pathology and Bacteriology, SMZ Otto Wagner Spital, Baumgartner Hohe 1, 1145 Vienna, Austria
Acta Biomater 5:172-80. 2009..The simultaneous presence of corrosion products and hypersensitivity-associated tissue reaction indicates that a relationship between corrosion development and implant-related hypersensitivity may exist...
- Catheter-related Leuconostoc bacteremia secondary to pulmonary Mycobacterium xenopi infectionMonika Huber
Pathologisch Bakteriologisches Institut, SMZ Otto Wagner Spital, Baumgartner Höhe, Vienna, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 119:674-7. 2007..To our knowledge, this is the first report of a patient with Leuconostoc spp. infection secondary to pulmonary non-tuberculous mycobacteriosis...
- Lung disease 35 years after aspiration of activated charcoal in combination with pulmonary lymphangioleiomyomatosis. A histological and clinicopathological study with scanning electron microscopic evaluation and element analysisM Huber
Otto Wagner Hospital, Institute of Pathology and Bacteriology, Baumgartner Hoehe 1, Vienna, Austria
Virchows Arch 449:225-9. 2006..To our knowledge, this is the first report not only on a long-term follow-up after aspiration of activated charcoal but also on charcoal-related pulmonary lesions in combination with LAM...
- Cause of death in demented and non-demented elderly inpatients; an autopsy study of 308 casesJohannes Attems
Otto Wagner Hospital, Department of Pathology, Baumgartner Hohe 1, A 1145 Vienna, Austria
J Alzheimers Dis 8:57-62. 2005..Our data emphasize the high incidence of bronchopneumonia as a COD in patients suffering from AD...
- Dedifferentiated chondrosarcoma of the lung: case report and review of the literatureStefan Steurer
Pathologisch Bakteriologisches Institut, SMZ Otto Wagner Spital Vienna, Austria
Clin Lung Cancer 8:439-42. 2007..The differential diagnosis of malignant hamartoma was discussed. Follow-up investigation after 2.5 years showed no evidence of another primary tumor site...
- From a sore throat to the intensive care unit: the Lemierre syndromeMaximilian Hochmair
Department of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Otto Wagner Hospital, Vienna, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 118:243-6. 2006..Early combined abscess drainage with neck and chest incisions, together with broad spectrum intravenous antibiotic treatment and medical management in an intensive care unit resulted in a good clinical outcome...
- Immunoglobulin G Fc(gamma) receptor expression on polymorphonuclear cells in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid of HIV-infected and HIV-seronegative patients with bacterial pneumoniaChristine Armbruster
2nd Medical Department, SMZ Baumgartner Höhe, Vienna, Austria
Clin Chem Lab Med 42:192-7. 2004..This report provides first evidence that altered FcgammaR expression on BAL neutrophils might contribute to the increased susceptibility of HIV-infected patients to bacterial pneumonia...
- Detection of the Epstein-Barr virus in primary adenocarcinoma of the lung with Signet-ring cellsMonika Huber
Department of Pathology and Bacteriology, SMZ Otto Wagner Hospital, Baumgartner Hohe 1, 1145 Vienna, Austria
Virchows Arch 441:25-30. 2002..To our knowledge, this is the first report on the presence of EBV in primary adenocarcinoma of the lung in a Caucasian patient. The present study indicates that EBV may infect some lung cancers with a specific tumour pattern...
- Case report: Gluteal injection site granulomas: false positive finding on FDG-PET in patients with non-small cell lung cancerH Prosch
Otto Wagner Hospital, Department of Radiology, Sanatoriumsstrasse 2, 1140 Vienna, Austria
Br J Radiol 78:758-61. 2005..In this setting, US is a widely available modality to distinguish metastasis from adipose tissue necrosis...
- Closure of bronchopleural fistula after pneumonectomy with a pedicled intercostal muscle flapP H Hollaus
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Pulmologisches Zentrum, Vienna, Austria
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 16:181-6. 1999..The value of the pedicled intercostal muscle flap for the closure of postpneumonectomy bronchopleural fistulas was studied retrospectively...
- Successful treatment of severe respiratory papillomatosis with intravenous cidofovir and interferon alpha-2bC Armbruster
Second Medical Dept/Pumologisches Zentrum
Eur Respir J 17:830-1. 2001..Probably the same mechanisms as in ribavirin plus interferon alpha-2b, in the treatment of patients with chronic hepatitis C, are responsible for the therapeutic success in this case...