Affiliation: Graz University of Technology
- A novel cold-sensitive allele of the rate-limiting enzyme of fatty acid synthesis, acetyl coenzyme A carboxylase, affects the morphology of the yeast vacuole through acylation of Vac8pR Schneiter
SFB Biomembrane Research Center, Institut fur Biochemie und Lebensmittelchemie, Technische Universitat Graz, A 8010 Graz, Austria
Mol Cell Biol 20:2984-95. 2000..The function of Vac8p in protein targeting, on the other hand, was not affected under these conditions. These observations link fatty acid synthesis and availability to direct morphological alterations of an organellar membrane...
- Electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry (ESI-MS/MS) analysis of the lipid molecular species composition of yeast subcellular membranes reveals acyl chain-based sorting/remodeling of distinct molecular species en route to the plasma membraneR Schneiter
Spezialforschungsbereich Biomembrane Research Center, Institut fur Biochemie und Lebensmittelchemie, Technische Universitat Graz, A 8010 Graz, Austria
J Cell Biol 146:741-54. 1999..This observation suggests that acyl chain-based sorting and/or remodeling mechanisms are operating to maintain the specific lipid molecular species composition of the yeast plasma membrane...
- Synthetic lethal interaction of the mitochondrial phosphatidylethanolamine biosynthetic machinery with the prohibitin complex of Saccharomyces cerevisiaeRuth Birner
Institut fur Biochemie, Technische Universitat Graz, Austria
Mol Biol Cell 14:370-83. 2003..In conclusion, destabilizing effects triggered by low levels of mitochondrial PtdEtn seem to account for synthetic lethality of psd1Delta with phb mutants...
- Lipid-dependent subcellular relocalization of the acyl chain desaturase in yeastVerena Tatzer
Department of Biochemistry, Graz University of Technology, A 8010 Graz, Austria
Mol Biol Cell 13:4429-42. 2002..A model is discussed in which the accumulation of saturated lipids in a microdomain around the desaturase could induce the observed segregation and relocalization of the enzyme...
- A specific structural requirement for ergosterol in long-chain fatty acid synthesis mutants important for maintaining raft domains in yeastMarlis Eisenkolb
Institute of Biochemistry, Graz University of Technology, A 8010 Graz, Austria
Mol Biol Cell 13:4414-28. 2002....