Affiliation: General Hospital Linz
- Myeloid sarcoma in the central nervous system: case report and review of the literatureWalter Struhal
Department of Neurology, Kaiser Franz Josef Spital, Vienna, Austria
Acta Clin Croat 47:19-24. 2008..In these patients different treatment regimens were applied. However, when systemic chemotherapy or irradiation was included in the treatment regimen, patients showed the best 1-year survival proportion...
- Onset of sweating depends on the type of reflex syncopeWalter Struhal
Autonomic Unit, Department for Neurology and Psychiatry, General Hospital of the City of Linz, Krankenhausstr 9, A 4020 Linz, Austria Electronic address
Auton Neurosci 184:73-6. 2014..In mixed type sweating in 20 patients started before and in 10 after syncope. The onset of sweating correlated significantly with the onset of syncope symptoms. These results possibly reflect different onsets of emotional sweating. ..
- VPS35 Parkinson's disease phenotype resembles the sporadic diseaseWalter Struhal
Department of Neurology, Allgemeines Krankenhaus Linz AKHL, Krankenhausstr 9, 4020, Linz, Upper Austria, Austria
J Neural Transm 121:755-9. 2014..However, we were unable to identify a specific clinical maker of VPS35 patients, who otherwise resemble sporadic PD patients. ..
- Incidence of cerebrovascular lesions in pure autonomic failureWalter Struhal
Autonomic Unit, Department of Neurology, General Hospital of the City of Linz AKH Linz, Linz, Austria Autonomic Unit, National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square and Institute of Neurology, University College London, London, UK Electronic address
Auton Neurosci 179:159-62. 2013..Although the overall frequency of WML seems to be reduced in PAF, a number of patients with elevated supine systolic blood pressure (>160 mmHg) develop WML and some of these suffer stroke...
- Attempted suicide under high dose dopaminergic therapy including apomorphineWalter Struhal
Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, General Hospital of the City of Linz, Krankenhaussstr 9, 4020, Linz, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 124:461-3. 2012..To our knowledge, this is the first case of attempted suicide under apomorphine treatment...
- Acute pandysautonomia--restitutio ad integrum by high prednisolone therapyWalter Struhal
Autonomic Unit, Department for Neurology and Psychiatry, AKH, Linz, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 123:508-11. 2011..Further tests failed to find a cause of acute neuropathy especially where there was no evidence for paraneoplastic or infectious etiology. The patient was treated with high dose intravenous prednisolone and completely recovered...
- European Association of Young Neurologists and Trainees: position paper on teaching courses for Generation YWalter Struhal
Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, General Hospital of the City of Linz, Linz, Austria
Eur Neurol 65:352-4. 2011..This position paper aims to address the changing needs for Gen Yers in the context of education...
- Clinical core symptoms of posterior spinal artery ischemiaWalter Struhal
Department of Neurology, Kaiser Franz Josef Hospital, Vienna, Austria
Eur Neurol 65:183-6. 2011..Ischemia in the distribution of the posterior spinal artery is rare...
- Neurology residency training in Europe--the current situationW Struhal
General Hospital of City of Linz, Krankenhausstr 9, A 4020 Linz, Austria
Eur J Neurol 18:e36-40. 2011....
- Reliability of the noninvasive sequence methods to estimate baroreflex function using the paradigm of brain deathW Struhal
Department for Neurology and Psychiatry, General Hospital of the City of Linz, Austria Neurointensive Care Unit, Department for Neurology and Psychiatry, General Hospital of the City of Linz, Austria
Auton Neurosci 161:43-5. 2011..Various techniques have been developed to estimate spontaneous baroreflex sensitivity noninvasively. However, in the EuroBaVar study it has been shown that they yield differing results...
- The European Board of Neurology Examination--junior neurologists are eager to take the challengeW Struhal
Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, Allgemeines Krankenhaus der Stadt Linz, Linz, Austria
Eur J Neurol 18:e89-92. 2011....
- Pyramidal tract degeneration in astrocytomaHeinz Lahrmann
Neurological Department, Kaiser Franz Josef Hospital and Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for NeuroOncology, Kundratstr 3, A 1100, Vienna, Austria
J Neurooncol 72:271-2. 2005