Marjori A Matzke
Affiliation: Austrian Academy of Sciences
- Atypical DNA methylation of genes encoding cysteine-rich peptides in Arabidopsis thalianaWanhui You
Gregor Mendel Institute of Molecular Plant Biology, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Vienna, Austria
BMC Plant Biol 12:51. 2012..Here we report on a group of atypical genes that display in their coding region a transposon-like methylation pattern, which is associated with gene silencing in sporophytic tissues...
- Endogenous pararetroviral sequences in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) and related speciesChristina Staginnus
Gregor Mendel Institute of Plant Molecular Biology GMI, Wien, Austria
BMC Plant Biol 7:24. 2007..tabacum (tobacco) and Solanum tuberosum (potato). Here we describe a family of EPRVs in cultivated tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.) and a wild relative (S.habrochaites)...
- Nuclear membrane ion channels mediate root nodule developmentMarjori Matzke
Gregor Mendel Institute for Molecular Plant Biology, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Dr Bohr Gasse 3, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
Trends Plant Sci 14:295-8. 2009..Here, we consider ways in which the ion channels influence perinuclear calcium spiking and discuss a potentially broader role for nuclear membrane ion channels in signal transduction in plants...
- Targets of RNA-directed DNA methylationMarjori Matzke
Gregor Mendel Institute of Molecular Plant Biology, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Dr Bohr Gasse 3, A 1030 Vienna Austria
Curr Opin Plant Biol 10:512-9. 2007..In addition to subduing transposons, RNA-directed DNA methylation has roles in plant development and, perhaps, stress responses...
- RNAi-mediated pathways in the nucleusMarjori A Matzke
Gregor Mendel Institute of Molecular Plant Biology, Austrian Academy of Sciences, UZA2, Pharmazie Zentrum, Althanstrasse 14 2D 541, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Nat Rev Genet 6:24-35. 2005..Furthermore, in some organisms RNAi silences unpaired DNA regions during meiosis. These mechanisms facilitate the directed silencing of specific genomic regions...
- Planting the seeds of a new paradigmMarjori A Matzke
Gregor Mendel Institute of Molecular Plant Biology of the Austrian Academy of Sciences in Vienna, Austria
PLoS Biol 2:E133. 2004
- A distinct endogenous pararetrovirus family in Nicotiana tomentosiformis, a diploid progenitor of polyploid tobaccoWolfgang Gregor
Gregor Mendel Institute of Molecular Plant Biology, Austrian Academy of Sciences, A-1090 Vienna, Austria
Plant Physiol 134:1191-9. 2004..NtoEPRVs are often flanked by Gypsy retrotransposon-containing plant DNA. Although the mechanisms of NtoEPRV integration, accumulation, and/or elimination are unknown, these processes are possibly linked to retrotransposon activity...
- Homology-dependent gene silencing and host defense in plantsMarjori A Matzke
Institute of Molecular Biology, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Salzburg
Adv Genet 46:235-75. 2002....
- Does the intrinsic instability of aneuploid genomes have a causal role in cancer?Marjori A Matzke
Institute of Molecular Biology, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Billrothstrasse 11, A 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Trends Genet 19:253-6. 2003..In some cases, the formation of an aneuploid genome might be the initiating step in neoplastic conversion...
- The small RNA worldE Jean Finnegan
CSIRO Plant Industry, PO Box 1600, ACT 2601 Canberra, Australia
J Cell Sci 116:4689-93. 2003