Sharon K Parker
Affiliation: Australian Graduate School of Management
- What is so bad about a little name-calling? Negative consequences of gender harassment for overperformance demands and distressSharon K Parker
Australian Graduate School of Management, University of New South Wales, Sydney
J Occup Health Psychol 7:195-210. 2002..A lack of perceived support for equal deployment of women police was associated with OPD for women,and family --> work conflict was a significant predictor of OPD for both men and women...
- Minimizing strain and maximizing learning: the role of job demands, job control, and proactive personalityS K Parker
Institute of Work Psychology, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
J Appl Psychol 84:925-39. 1999..These results show (a) that demands and control can influence learning as proposed in the dynamic version of the demands-control model and (b) that proactive personality plays an important moderating role...
- Designing a safer workplace: importance of job autonomy, communication quality, and supportive supervisorsS K Parker
Australian Graduate School of Management, The University of New South Wales, Sydney
J Occup Health Psychol 6:211-28. 2001..The study suggests that work characteristics are important antecedents of safe working...
- Longitudinal effects of lean production on employee outcomes and the mediating role of work characteristicsSharon K Parker
Australian Graduate School of Management, The University of New South Wales and the University of Sydney, Australia
J Appl Psychol 88:620-34. 2003..The study also shows the longitudinal effects of these work characteristics on psychological outcomes. Implications for lean production, work design, and employee well-being are discussed...
- Modeling the antecedents of proactive behavior at workSharon K Parker
Australian Graduate School of Management, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Appl Psychol 91:636-52. 2006..In further support of the model, the cognitive-motivational processes for proactive work behavior differed from those for the more passive outcome of generalized compliance...
- Future work selves: how salient hoped-for identities motivate proactive career behaviorsKaroline Strauss
Institute of Work Psychology, University of Sheffield, Mushroom Lane, Sheffield S10 2TN, United Kingdom
J Appl Psychol 97:580-98. 2012..Together the studies suggest the power of future work selves as a motivational resource for proactive career behavior...
- Learning and development: promoting nurses' performance and work attitudesAnya Johnson
Australian School of Business, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Adv Nurs 67:609-20. 2011..This paper is a report of a study of the relations of coaching and developing clinical practice on nurses' work place attitudes and self-reported performance, as mediated by role breadth self-efficacy and flexible role orientation...
- Leader vision and the development of adaptive and proactive performance: a longitudinal studyMark A Griffin
Institute of Work Psychology, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2TN, United Kingdom
J Appl Psychol 95:174-82. 2010..The findings provide insight into the interaction between leaders and followers in responding to a change imperative...