A C Hurt
Affiliation: WHO Collaborating Centre for Reference and Research on Influenza
- Hurt A, Nor e S, McCaw J, Fryer H, Mosse J, McLean A, et al. Assessing the viral fitness of oseltamivir-resistant influenza viruses in ferrets, using a competitive-mixtures model. J Virol. 2010;84:9427-38 pubmed publisher..Our statistical inferences are essential for the development of the next generation of mathematical models of the emergence and spread of oseltamivir-resistant influenza in human populations. ..
- Hurt A, Ernest J, Deng Y, Iannello P, Besselaar T, Birch C, et al. Emergence and spread of oseltamivir-resistant A(H1N1) influenza viruses in Oceania, South East Asia and South Africa. Antiviral Res. 2009;83:90-3 pubmed publisher..The mutation had no impact on zanamivir susceptibility. Ongoing surveillance is essential to monitor how these strains may spread or persist in the future and to evaluate the effectiveness of treatments against them. ..
- Takashita E, Meijer A, Lackenby A, Gubareva L, Rebelo de Andrade H, BESSELAAR T, et al. Global update on the susceptibility of human influenza viruses to neuraminidase inhibitors, 2013-2014. Antiviral Res. 2015;117:27-38 pubmed publisher..Consequently, global surveillance of influenza antiviral susceptibility should be continued from a public health perspective. ..
- Hurt A, Besselaar T, Daniels R, Ermetal B, Fry A, Gubareva L, et al. Global update on the susceptibility of human influenza viruses to neuraminidase inhibitors, 2014-2015. Antiviral Res. 2016;132:178-85 pubmed publisher..9%), but similar to the 2012-13 period (0.6%). Based on the current analysis, the NAIs remain an appropriate choice for the treatment and prophylaxis of influenza virus infections. ..
- Leang S, Hurt A. Fluorescence-based Neuraminidase Inhibition Assay to Assess the Susceptibility of Influenza Viruses to The Neuraminidase Inhibitor Class of Antivirals. J Vis Exp. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Therefore, the inhibitory effect of an NA inhibitor on the influenza virus NA is determined based on the concentration of the NA inhibitor that is required to reduce 50% of the NA activity, given as an IC50 value. ..
- Hurt A, Lowther S, Middleton D, Barr I. Assessing the development of oseltamivir and zanamivir resistance in A(H5N1) influenza viruses using a ferret model. Antiviral Res. 2010;87:361-6 pubmed publisher..Further animal studies and human clinical trials are necessary to optimize neuraminidase inhibitor dosing strategies for the treatment of influenza A(H5N1) infections. ..