A C Hurt
Affiliation: WHO Collaborating Centre for Reference and Research on Influenza
- Hurt A, Su Y, Aban M, Peck H, Lau H, Baas C, et al. Evidence for the Introduction, Reassortment, and Persistence of Diverse Influenza A Viruses in Antarctica. J Virol. 2016;90:9674-9682 pubmed..The introduction of a highly pathogenic influenza virus in penguin colonies within Antarctica might have devastating consequences. ..
- Takashita E, Meijer A, Lackenby A, Gubareva L, Rebelo de Andrade H, BESSELAAR T, et al. Global update on the susceptibility of human influenza viruses to neuraminidase inhibitors, 2013-2014. Antiviral Res. 2015;117:27-38 pubmed publisher..Consequently, global surveillance of influenza antiviral susceptibility should be continued from a public health perspective. ..
- Hurt A, Lowther S, Middleton D, Barr I. Assessing the development of oseltamivir and zanamivir resistance in A(H5N1) influenza viruses using a ferret model. Antiviral Res. 2010;87:361-6 pubmed publisher..Further animal studies and human clinical trials are necessary to optimize neuraminidase inhibitor dosing strategies for the treatment of influenza A(H5N1) infections. ..
- Hurt A, Besselaar T, Daniels R, Ermetal B, Fry A, Gubareva L, et al. Global update on the susceptibility of human influenza viruses to neuraminidase inhibitors, 2014-2015. Antiviral Res. 2016;132:178-85 pubmed publisher..9%), but similar to the 2012-13 period (0.6%). Based on the current analysis, the NAIs remain an appropriate choice for the treatment and prophylaxis of influenza virus infections. ..
- Leang S, Hurt A. Fluorescence-based Neuraminidase Inhibition Assay to Assess the Susceptibility of Influenza Viruses to The Neuraminidase Inhibitor Class of Antivirals. J Vis Exp. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Therefore, the inhibitory effect of an NA inhibitor on the influenza virus NA is determined based on the concentration of the NA inhibitor that is required to reduce 50% of the NA activity, given as an IC50 value. ..