J Alasdair Millar
Affiliation: Western Australia
- The Cockroft and Gault formula for estimation of creatinine clearance: a friendly deconstructionJ Alasdair Millar
Medical Department, Southland Hospital, Invercargill, New Zealand
N Z Med J 125:119-22. 2012..To review the derivation of the Cockroft and Gault formula for estimating creatinine clearance from serum creatinine in a historical context...
- Measures of risk and their relationship to the relative size of a high-risk group: application to medical thromboprophylaxisJ Alasdair Millar
Medical Department, Albany Regional Hospital, Albany, Western Australia, Australia
Clin Epidemiol 4:275-81. 2012..One example in clinical practice is the assessment of eligibility for medical thromboprophylaxis...
- Eligibility for medical thromboprophylaxis based on risk-factor weights, and clinical thrombotic event ratesJ Alasdair Millar
Albany Regional Hospital, Albany, WA
Med J Aust 196:457-61. 2012....
- Relationship between sample size and the definition of equivalence in non-inferiority drug studiesJ A Millar
University of Western Australia, Department of Medicine, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
J Clin Pharm Ther 27:329-33. 2002....
- Cost effectiveness of trastuzumab in the adjuvant treatment of early breast cancer: a lifetime modelJ Alasdair Millar
Department of Internal Medicine, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Pharmacoeconomics 25:429-42. 2007..However, the cost effectiveness of adjuvant trastuzumab with respect to mortality remains uncertain, especially in an Australian setting...
- The national inpatient medication chart: critical audit of design and performance at a tertiary hospitalJ Alasdair Millar
Department of Internal Medicine, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, WA, Australia
Med J Aust 188:95-9. 2008....
- Rational thromboprophylaxis in medical inpatients: not quite there yetJ Alasdair Millar
Department of Internal Medicine, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, WA
Med J Aust 189:504-6. 2008..Routine thromboprophylaxis in hospitalised medical patients is not warranted, and better patient selection is needed...
- Selection of medical patients for prophylaxis of venous thromboembolism based on analysis of the benefit-hazard ratioJ A Millar
Department of Internal Medicine, Royal Perth Hospital and Royal Perth Hospital Unit, University of Western Australia School of Medicine, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Intern Med J 39:606-12. 2009..I describe a method for estimating the minimum thrombotic risk required to ensure that a reasonable benefit-hazard ratio is maintained...
- Pulse pressure as a risk factor for cardiovascular events in the MRC Mild Hypertension TrialJ A Millar
University of Western Australia, Department of Medicine, Royal Perth Hospital, Australia
J Hypertens 17:1065-72. 1999....
- Genesis of medical thromboprophylaxis guidelines in Australia: a need for transparency and standardisation in guideline developmentJ Alasdair Millar
Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, WA
Med J Aust 190:446-50; discussion 450. 2009..Despite this, these guidelines have been taken up avidly by national and state bodies responsible for safety and quality in health care, and mandated national application has been proposed...