Affiliation: Western Australia
- Vitamin D deficiency and multicultural AustraliaPaul Glendenning
Med J Aust 176:242-3; author reply 243. 2002
- Diagnosis of primary hyperparathyroidism: controversies, practical issues and the need for Australian guidelinesP Glendenning
Department of Core Clinical Pathology and Biochemistry, Royal Perth Hospital, Wellington Street, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia
Intern Med J 33:598-603. 2003..Furthermore, critical appraisal of the new diagnostic criteria and their applicability to Australian laboratories will be addressed. Finally, limitations and problems associated with the measurement of each analyte will be reviewed...
- Vitamin D: methods of 25 hydroxyvitamin D analysis, targeting at risk populations and selecting thresholds of treatmentPaul Glendenning
Department of Core Clinical Pathology and Biochemistry, Royal Perth Hospital, Australia
Clin Biochem 45:901-6. 2012..Until resolved, widespread adoption of screening programmes and measurement of 25OHD in patients at risk of non-musculoskeletal disease is premature, costly and not supported by evidence...
- Screening for vitamin D deficiency: defining vitamin D deficiency, target thresholds of treatment and estimating the benefits of treatmentPaul Glendenning
Department of Core Clinical Pathology and Biochemistry, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Pathology 44:160-5. 2012..Finally, information needed by governments and health organisations to help justify population screening and what strategies could be adopted to make screening more cost-effective will be explored...
- Current assays overestimate 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 and underestimate 25-hydroxyvitamin D2 compared with HPLC: need for assay-specific decision limits and metabolite-specific assaysP Glendenning
Department of Core Clinical Pathology and Biochemistry, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Australia
Ann Clin Biochem 43:23-30. 2006..Lack of standardization of these methods has resulted in inter-method disagreement and challenged whether current assays recognize 25(OH)D2 and 25(OH)D3 equally...
- Thyroxine autoantibody interference is an uncommon cause of inappropriate TSH secretion using the Immulite 2000 assayPaul Glendenning
Department of Core Clinical Pathology and Biochemistry, PathWest, Laboratory Medicine W A, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth WA 6001, Australia
Clin Chim Acta 403:136-8. 2009..T4 autoantibody (T4AAb) prevalence has not been determined. We determined the prevalence of inappropriate TSH secretion using the Immulite 2000 assay and the prevalence of T4AAb within this subgroup...
- Issues of methodology, standardization and metabolite recognition for 25-hydroxyvitamin D when comparing the DiaSorin radioimmunoassay and the Nichols Advantage automated chemiluminescence protein-binding assay in hip fracture casesPaul Glendenning
Department of Core Clinical Pathology and Biochemistry, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth 6000, Western Australia, Australia
Ann Clin Biochem 40:546-51. 2003..The Nichols Advantage chemiluminescence protein-binding assay (CLPBA) for 25-OHD is a first-generation automated immunoassay with decreased turnaround time, reduced manual handling and non-radioactive label...
- Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels in vitamin D-insufficient hip fracture patients after supplementation with ergocalciferol and cholecalciferolPaul Glendenning
Department of Core Clinical Pathology and Biochemistry, PathWest Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Western Australia 6000, Australia
Bone 45:870-5. 2009..However, the lack of difference in PTH lowering between calciferol treatments raises questions about the biological importance of this observation...
- Parathyroid hormone is more stable in EDTA plasma than in serumPaul Glendenning
Department of Core Clinical Pathology and Biochemistry, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth 6000, Western Australia
Clin Chem 48:766-7. 2002
- Preanalytical factors in the measurement of intact parathyroid hormone with the DPC IMMULITE assayPaul Glendenning
Department of Core Clinical Pathology and Biochemistry, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, WA 6000, Australia
Clin Chem 48:566-7. 2002
- Efficacy and safety of pharmacological agents in managing osteoporosis in the old old: review of the evidenceCharles A Inderjeeth
University of Western Australia, Australia
Bone 44:744-51. 2009..Our search strategy included MeSH terms for osteoporosis and treatments. We reviewed the reference list of identified articles for additional relevant published trials...
- Fit for a fractureHannah M Seymour
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Royal Perth Hospital, GPO Box X2213, Perth, WA 6000, Australia
Med J Aust 183:213-4. 2005
- Association between 25-OH vitamin D and insulin is independent of lipoatrophy in HIVE Hammond
Institute for Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Murdoch University, Perth, WA, Australia
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 76:201-6. 2012....
- Association between 25-hydroxyvitamin D, somatic muscle weakness and falls risk in end-stage renal failureN Boudville
School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 73:299-304. 2010..We tested the hypothesis that 25OHD levels may be independently associated with falls risk in CKD-5D...
- Efficacy, side effects and route of administration are more important than frequency of dosing of anti-osteoporosis treatments in determining patient adherence: a critical review of published articles from 1970 to 2009S Lee
North Metropolitan Area Health Service, Perth, WA, Australia
Osteoporos Int 22:741-53. 2011..Adherence is complex and difficult to quantify and may not be exclusively influenced by frequency of medication administration...
- Vitamin D status and redefining serum PTH reference range in the elderlyPaul Glendenning
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:946-7. 2002
- Issues of standardization and assay-specific clinical decision limits for the measurement of 25-hydroxyvitamin DPaul Glendenning
Am J Clin Nutr 77:522-3. 2003
- The estimated prevalence of familial hypocalciuric hypercalcemia (FHH)Paul Glendenning
Calcif Tissue Int 70:512; author reply 512-3. 2002
- 25-OH-vitamin D assaysPaul Glendenning
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:3129. 2005
- Estrogen and androgen regulation of plasma membrane calcium pump activity in immortalized distal tubule kidney cellsIan M Dick
School of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Nedlands, WA 6009, Australia
Mol Cell Endocrinol 212:11-8. 2003..and have significance for our understanding of estrogen and androgen deficient states on calcium transport...
- Low rate of compliance with ergocalciferol therapy in vitamin-D-deficient patients with hip fractureJane M Noble
Med J Aust 177:280. 2002
- Surgically correctable hypertensionPaul Glendenning
Pathology 34:297-8. 2002
- 8: Disorders of bone and mineral other than osteoporosisRichard L Prince
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Nedlands, WA 6009, Australia
Med J Aust 180:354-9. 2004..These disorders range from nutritional deficiencies to complex genetic and metabolic diseases..