Affiliation: Western Hospital
- The prevalence of Neurally Mediated Syncope in older patients presenting with unexplained fallsMahesan Anpalahan
Department of General Medicine, Western Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria 3011, Australia
Eur J Intern Med 23:e48-52. 2012..To determine the prevalence and clinical significance of carotid sinus syndrome (CSS) and vasovagal syncope (VVS), the two common types of Neurally Mediated Syncope (NMS), in a cohort of older patients with unexplained falls...
- Neurally mediated syncope and unexplained or nonaccidental falls in the elderlyM Anpalahan
Department of General Medicine, Western Health and Osteoporosis Clinic, Northern Health, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Intern Med J 36:202-7. 2006..However, in clinical practice NMS is not widely investigated as a cause of fall and is likely to be underdiagnosed...
- Geriatric syndromes as predictors of adverse outcomes of hospitalizationM Anpalahan
Western Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Intern Med J 38:16-23. 2008....
- Chronic idiopathic hyponatremia in older people due to syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion (SIADH) possibly related to agingM Anpalahan
Department of General Medicine, Western Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
J Am Geriatr Soc 49:788-92. 2001..Hyponatremia is modest in these patients and has little clinical significance. However, they may be at increased risk of developing symptomatic hyponatremia with intercurrent illnesses...
- Management of chronic kidney disease in the elderlyB L Ng
Department of Geriatric Medicine General Medicine Renal Medicine Metabolic Bone Disorder Clinic, Western Health, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Intern Med J 41:761-8. 2011..Special references are made to age-related physiological changes in the renal system, assessment of renal function, and management of metabolic complications and end-stage renal disease...