P J Walker
- Characterization of Farmington virus, a novel virus from birds that is distantly related to members of the family RhabdoviridaeGustavo Palacios
Center for Genomic Sciences, United States Army Medical Research Institute for Infectious Diseases, Frederick, MD 10032, USA
Virol J 10:219. 2013..Farmington virus (FARV) is a rhabdovirus that was isolated from a wild bird during an outbreak of epizootic eastern equine encephalitis on a pheasant farm in Connecticut, USA...
- Malpais spring virus is a new species in the genus vesiculovirusNikos Vasilakis
Center for Biodefense and Emerging Infectious Diseases and Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 0609, USA
Virol J 10:69. 2013....
- Rhabdovirus accessory genesPeter J Walker
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Australian Animal Health Laboratory, 5 Portarlington Road, Geelong, VIC 3220, Australia
Virus Res 162:110-25. 2011....
- Emerging viral diseases of fish and shrimpPeter J Walker
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Australian Animal Health Laboratory, Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Vet Res 41:51. 2010..It also considers the potential for future disease emergence in aquatic animals as aquaculture continues to expand and faces the challenges presented by climate change...
- Bovine ephemeral fever in Australia and the worldP J Walker
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Australian Animal Health Laboratory, 5 Portarlington Road, 3220 Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 292:57-80. 2005..The BEFV G protein is a highly effective vaccine antigen, either as a purified subunit or expressed from recombinant viral vectors...
- Vaccinia virus-expressed bovine ephemeral fever virus G but not G(NS) glycoprotein induces neutralizing antibodies and protects against experimental infectionC Hertig
CSIRO Australian Animal Health Laboratory, Geelong, Victoria, Australia
J Gen Virol 77:631-40. 1996..In contrast, rVV-G(NS) vaccinated rabbits and cattle failed to produce neutralizing antibodies and, after challenge, BEFV was isolated from two-thirds of the vaccinated cattle...
- The complete genome sequence of gill-associated virus of Penaeus monodon prawns indicates a gene organisation unique among nidovirusesJ A Cowley
Cooperative Research Centre for Aquaculture, CSIRO Livestock Industries, Long Pocket Laboratories, Indooroopilly, Australia
Arch Virol 147:1977-87. 2002....
- Differences in the susceptibility of some penaeid prawn species to gill-associated virus (GAV) infectionK M Spann
Co operative Research Centre for Aquaculture, CSIRO Tropical Agriculture, Queensland, Australia
Dis Aquat Organ 42:221-5. 2000..Large (average weight = 20.3 g) M. japoncius did not display symptoms of disease and there were no significant mortalities up to 23 d post-injection...
- Gill-associated virus of Penaeus monodon prawns: an invertebrate virus with ORF1a and ORF1b genes related to arteri- and coronavirusesJ A Cowley
Co operative Research Centre for Aquaculture, CSIRO Tropical Agriculture, Long Pocket Laboratories, PMB3, Indooroopilly 4068, Australia
J Gen Virol 81:1473-84. 2000..The presence of a dsRNA replicative intermediate and ORF1a and ORF1ab polyproteins translated by a-1 frameshift suggests that GAV represents the first invertebrate member of the Order NIDOVIRALES:..
- Detection of Australian gill-associated virus (GAV) and lymphoid organ virus (LOV) of Penaeus monodon by RT-nested PCRJ A Cowley
Cooperative Research Centre for Aquaculture, CSIRO Tropical Agriculture, Indooroopilly, Australia
Dis Aquat Organ 39:159-67. 2000..The speed and sensitivity of the RT-nPCR make it a useful adjunct to TEM for diagnosing LOV/GAV infection of P. monodon, with the additional benefit that screening of gill biopsies may facilitate selection of LOV-free broodstock...
- Yellow head virus from Thailand and gill-associated virus from Australia are closely related but distinct prawn virusesJ A Cowley
CRC for Aquaculture, CSIRO Tropical Agriculture, Indooroopilly, Australia
Dis Aquat Organ 36:153-7. 1999..0 and 80.9% at the nucleotide level and 86.7 and 86.5% at the amino acid level, respectively. The data indicate that GAV and YHV are closely related but distinct viruses for which differential diagnostic probes can be applied...
- Deduced structural model for animal rhabdovirus glycoproteinsP J Walker
CSIRO Tropical Agriculture, Indooroopilly, QLD, Australia
J Gen Virol 80:1211-20. 1999..The structures predicted by the model account for the preservation of conformational antigenic sites, accommodate genus-specific variations, and are generally consistent with previous observations of G protein structure...
- Isolation and characterization of koi herpesvirus (KHV) from Indonesia: identification of a new genetic lineageA Sunarto
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Australian Animal Health Laboratory, Geelong, Vic, Australia
J Fish Dis 34:87-101. 2011..The I(++)II(-) genotype has not been reported previously and appears to represent a new intermediate lineage that may have emerged in Indonesia...
- Modelling spatio-temporal patterns of long-distance Culicoides dispersal into northern AustraliaD Eagles
CSIRO Animal, Food and Health Sciences, Australian Animal Health Laboratory, Geelong, Vic, Australia
Prev Vet Med 110:312-22. 2013..Importantly, the methodology and results may be applicable to other insect and pathogen incursions into northern Australia...
- Evaluation of long-distance dispersal of Culicoides midges into northern Australia using a migration modelD Eagles
CSIRO Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization Livestock Industries, Australian Animal Health Laboratory, Geelong, Vic, Australia
Med Vet Entomol 26:334-40. 2012..The establishment of a more pathogenic strain of the virus, or of a novel Culicoides vector introduced by such inter-continental dispersal events, could dramatically alter Australia's current bluetongue disease status...
- Genome organization and transcription strategy in the complex GNS-L intergenic region of bovine ephemeral fever rhabdovirusS M McWilliam
CSIRO Tropical Agriculture, Indooroopilly, Queensland, Australia
J Gen Virol 78:1309-17. 1997..Sequence similarities in the BEFV alpha-beta and beta-gamma gene junctions, and the gamma-L and beta-L gene junctions of BEFV and ARV, suggest that the gamma gene may have evolved from the beta-gene by sequence duplication...
- RNA polymerase (L) gene and genome terminal sequences of ephemeroviruses bovine ephemeral fever virus and Adelaide River virus indicate a close relationship to vesiculovirusesJ Dhillon
CSIRO Tropical Agriculture, PMB 3, Q 4068, Indooroopilly, Australia
Virus Res 70:87-95. 2000..An extended phylogenetic analysis using the block III sequence, confirmed the relationship of these ephemeroviruses to vesiculo- and lyssaviruses and to other single-stranded (-) RNA viruses...
- The genome of bovine ephemeral fever rhabdovirus contains two related glycoprotein genesP J Walker
CSIRO Division of Tropical Animal Production, Indooroopilly, Brisbane, Q, Australia
Virology 191:49-61. 1992..Highest homology scores for each protein were with sigma virus and vesicular stomatitis virus serotypes...
- Structural and antigenic analysis of the nucleoprotein of bovine ephemeral fever rhabdovirusP J Walker
CSIRO Division of Tropical Animal Production, Indooroopilly, Queensland, Australia
J Gen Virol 75:1889-99. 1994..Polyclonal mouse ascitic fluids derived from BEFV, rabies virus and several other related viruses were also shown to cross-react in immunoblots with purified preparations of rabies virus and BEFV N proteins...