- Effect of bronchoalveolar lavage-directed therapy on Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection and structural lung injury in children with cystic fibrosis: a randomized trialClaire E Wainwright
Queensland Children s Medical Research Institute, and Queensland Children s Respiratory Centre, Royal Children s Hospital, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
JAMA 306:163-71. 2011..While bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL) is an alternative diagnostic tool, evidence for its clinical benefit is lacking...
- Aztreonam for inhalation solution (AZLI) in patients with cystic fibrosis, mild lung impairment, and P. aeruginosaC E Wainwright
Queensland Children s Respiratory Centre, Royal Children s Hospital, Herston Rd Herston, Queensland 4029, Australia
J Cyst Fibros 10:234-42. 2011..This double-blind, multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled trial enrolled patients (≥6 years) with FEV(1)>75% predicted...
- Acute viral bronchiolitis in children- a very common condition with few therapeutic optionsClaire Wainwright
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Queensland Children s Respiratory Centre, Royal Children s Hospital, University of Queensland, Herston Rd, Herston, Queensland, Australia 4029
Paediatr Respir Rev 11:39-45; quiz 45. 2010....
- Cough-generated aerosols of Pseudomonas aeruginosa and other Gram-negative bacteria from patients with cystic fibrosisC E Wainwright
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Royal Children s Hospital and Health Service District, Brisbane, Australia
Thorax 64:926-31. 2009..It was hypothesised that subjects with CF produce viable respirable bacterial aerosols with coughing...
- Safety of bronchoalveolar lavage in young children with cystic fibrosisClaire E Wainwright
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Royal Children s Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Pediatr Pulmonol 43:965-72. 2008..Our aim was to determine the safety of BAL in young children <6 years with CF...
- A multicenter, randomized, double-blind, controlled trial of nebulized epinephrine in infants with acute bronchiolitisClaire Wainwright
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Royal Children s Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
N Engl J Med 349:27-35. 2003..The role of bronchodilators is controversial. Most studies of the use of bronchodilators have enrolled small numbers of subjects and have examined only short-term outcomes, such as clinical scores...
- A clinical pathway for bronchiolitis is effective in reducing readmission ratesJoyce Cheney
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Royal Children s Hospital, The School of Nursing, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
J Pediatr 147:622-6. 2005..To examine the use of a clinical pathway in the management of infants hospitalized with acute viral bronchiolitis...
- Quality-of-life in children and adolescents with cystic fibrosis managed in both regional outreach and cystic fibrosis center settings in QueenslandClare Thomas
Royal Children s Hospital, and the School of Population Health, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
J Pediatr 148:508-516. 2006..To compare HRQOL of children with CF in Queensland with previously published HRQOL data from the United States and examine the relationship between HRQOL scores and pulmonary function...
- Fosfomycin--investigation of a possible new route of administration of an old drug. A case studyMichele Cree
Pharmacy Department, Royal Children s Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
J Cyst Fibros 6:244-6. 2007..This case discusses the successful use of fosfomycin via the subcutaneous route in a paediatric patient with cystic fibrosis...
- Infants with chronic neonatal lung disease: recommendations for the use of home oxygen therapyDominic A Fitzgerald
Department of Respiratory Medicine, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 189:578-82. 2008..Discontinuation of oxygen therapy is based on clinical assessments and documentation of adequate oxygenation in room air. There is limited objective evidence on which to base recommendations...
- Misleading high tobramycin plasma concentrations can be caused by skin contamination of fingerprick blood following inhalation of nebulized tobramycin (TOBI): a short reportStefanie Redmann
School of Pharmacy, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Ther Drug Monit 27:205-7. 2005..We caution that therapeutic drug monitoring of nebulized tobramycin should not be done by fingerprick sampling, and care should be taken to avoid contamination of the venipuncture site...
- Early airway infection, inflammation, and lung function in cystic fibrosisG M Nixon
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Arch Dis Child 87:306-11. 2002..To determine the relation between lower airway infection and inflammation, respiratory symptoms, and lung function in infants and young children with cystic fibrosis (CF)...