Affiliation: University of Sydney
- Friedreich's ataxia with chorea and myoclonus caused by a compound heterozygosity for a novel deletion and the trinucleotide GAA expansionDanqing Zhu
Neurobiology Department, ANZAC Research Institute, University of Sydney, Concord Hospital, Concord, NSW, Australia
Mov Disord 17:585-9. 2002..This novel mutation extends the range of point mutations seen in FRDA patients, and also broadens the spectrum of FRDA genotype associated with chorea...
- Refined localization of dominant intermediate Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathy and exclusion of seven known candidate genes in the regionDanqing Zhu
Neurobiology Laboratory, ANZAC Research Institute, Concord Hospital, New South Wales, Australia
Neurogenetics 4:179-83. 2003..Seven candidate genes have been investigated. These include six genes localized in the original linkage interval and one in the newly refined region. They are excluded as a cause for DI-CMT neuropathy...
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth with pyramidal signs is genetically heterogeneous: families with and without MFN2 mutationsD Zhu
ANZAC Research Institute, University of Sydney, Concord Hospital, NSW, Australia
Neurology 65:496-7. 2005
- Highly variable social organisation of colonies in the ant Formica cinereaDanqing Zhu
Department of Conservation Biology and Genetics, University of Uppsala, Uppsala, Sweden
Hereditas 139:7-12. 2003..This could occur when females are philopatric and stay in the natal polygynous colony which expands by building a network of nest galleries within a single habitat patch...
- Mutations in the pleckstrin homology domain of dynamin 2 cause dominant intermediate Charcot-Marie-Tooth diseaseStephan Zuchner
Center for Human Genetics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Nat Genet 37:289-94. 2005..Additionally, in the Australian and Belgian pedigrees, which carry two different mutations affecting the same amino acid, Lys558, CMT cosegregated with neutropenia, which has not previously been associated with CMT neuropathies...