Kyall R Zenger
Affiliation: University of Sydney
- A rapid population expansion retains genetic diversity within European rabbits in AustraliaK R Zenger
Centre for Biostructural and Biomedical Research University of Western Sydney, Hawkesbury, Richmond 2753, NSW Australia
Mol Ecol 12:789-94. 2003..These results highlight the importance of population growth following a demographic bottleneck, which largely determines the severity of genetic loss...
- The first comprehensive genetic linkage map of a marsupial: the tammar wallaby (Macropus eugenii)Kyall R Zenger
Department of Biological Sciences, Macquarie University, Sydney, New South Wales 2109, Australia
Genetics 162:321-30. 2002..When comparing the X chromosome data to closely related species it is apparent that they are conserved in both synteny and gene order...
- Intraspecific variation, sex-biased dispersal and phylogeography of the eastern grey kangaroo (Macropus giganteus)K R Zenger
Department of Biological Sciences, Macquarie University, NSW 2109, Australia
Heredity (Edinb) 91:153-62. 2003..Phylogenetic comparisons between M. g. giganteus and M. g. tasmaniensis indicated that the current taxonomic status of these subspecies should be revised as there was a lack of genetic differentiation between the populations sampled...
- Genome-wide genetic diversity of Holstein Friesian cattle reveals new insights into Australian and global population variability, including impact of selectionK R Zenger
Co operative Research Centre for Innovative Dairy Products, Centre for Advanced Technologies in Animal Genetics and Reproduction REPROGEN, University of Sydney, Camden, NSW, Australia
Anim Genet 38:7-14. 2007..These results indicate that inbreeding, genetic drift and selection has had little effect at reducing genetic diversity and differentiating the Australian Holstein Friesian population at a genome-wide level...
- A primary assembly of a bovine haplotype block map based on a 15,036-single-nucleotide polymorphism panel genotyped in holstein-friesian cattleMehar S Khatkar
Centre for Advanced Technologies in Animal Genetics and Reproduction REPROGEN, University of Sydney, Camden NSW 2570, Australia
Genetics 176:763-72. 2007..Overall, the results suggest that as many as 75,000-100,000 tag SNPs would be needed to track all important haplotype blocks in the bovine genome. This would require approximately 250,000 SNPs in the discovery phase...
- Extent of genome-wide linkage disequilibrium in Australian Holstein-Friesian cattle based on a high-density SNP panelMehar S Khatkar
Centre for Advanced Technologies in Animal Genetics and Reproduction REPROGEN, University of Sydney, Camden, NSW 2570, Australia
BMC Genomics 9:187. 2008..Finally, relatively little information is available on comparative LD structures including other mammalian species such as human and mouse, and we compare LD structure in cattle with public-domain data from both human and mouse...
- Mapping quantitative trait loci (QTL) in sheep. I. A new male framework linkage map and QTL for growth rate and body weightHerman W Raadsma
ReproGen Advanced Technologies in Animal Genetics and Reproduction, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, 425 Werombi Road, Camden, NSW 2570, Australia
Genet Sel Evol 41:34. 2009..Fifty-four putative QTL were identified on nine chromosomes. Significant QTL with sex-specific effects (i.e. QTL x sex interaction) in the range of 0.4 to 0.7 SD were found on ovine chromosomes 1, 3, 6, 11, 21, 23, 24 and 26...
- Landscape discontinuities influence gene flow and genetic structure in a large, vagile Australian mammal, Macropus fuliginosusLinda E Neaves
Department of Biological Sciences, Macquarie University, NSW, Australia
Mol Ecol 18:3363-78. 2009..These results suggest that the biogeography of southern Australia is more complex than previously thought and reveal that seemingly minor landscape features can significantly impact genetic structuring in large vagile mammals...
- A second-generation anchored genetic linkage map of the tammar wallaby (Macropus eugenii)Chenwei Wang
Reprogen, Faculty of Veterinary Science, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
BMC Genet 12:72. 2011..It has great value as a resource to identify novel genes and for comparative studies, and is vital for the ongoing genome sequence assembly and gene ordering in this species...
- Widespread utility of highly informative AFLP molecular markers across divergent shark speciesKyall R Zenger
Reprogen, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, Camden, NSW, Australia
J Hered 97:607-11. 2006..Here we demonstrate the general utility of a technique that provides large numbers of informative loci in sharks...
- A first-generation metric linkage disequilibrium map of bovine chromosome 6Mehar S Khatkar
Centre for Advanced Technologies in Animal Genetics and Reproduction REPROGEN, University of Sydney and CRC for Innovative Dairy Products, Camden NSW 2570, Australia
Genetics 174:79-85. 2006..The mean swept radius (the distance over which LD is likely to be useful for mapping) is 13.3 Mb, confirming extensive LD in Holstein-Friesian dairy cattle, which makes such populations ideal for whole-genome association studies...
- Quantitative trait loci for steady-state platelet count in miceCarol C Cheung
Centre for Vascular Research, University of New South Wales, Kensington 2052, Sydney, Australia
Mamm Genome 15:784-97. 2004..These results represent the first published use of a genetic linkage-based approach in a mouse model toward the identification of genetic factors that regulate platelet count...
- Echidna IgA supports mammalian unity and traditional Therian relationshipKatherine Belov
Evolutionary Biology Unit, Australian Museum, 6 College St, Sydney, Australia 2010
Mamm Genome 13:656-63. 2002....