Affiliation: University of Queensland
- Inflatable rescue boat-related injuries in Queensland surf lifesavers: the epidemiology - biomechanics interfaceEmily Yorkston
Injury Research Unit, School of Population Health, Edith Cavell Building University of Queensland, Australia
Int J Inj Contr Saf Promot 12:39-44. 2005..Preliminary feasibility of combining epidemiological and biomechanical information has been demonstrated. Further testing of the proposed model and measurement instruments is required...
- Validity and reliability of responses to a self-report home safety survey designed for use in a community-based child injury prevention programmeEmily Yorkston
Injury Research Unit, School of Population Health, Mayne Medical School, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Int J Inj Contr Saf Promot 12:193-6. 2005..To quantify the validity and reliability of responses to a self-report home safety survey designed for use in a community-based child injury prevention program...
- Simplifying data collection for process evaluation of community coalition activities--an electronic web-based applicationCatherine Turner
School of Nursing, University of Queensland, Herston
Health Promot J Austr 17:48-53. 2006..This paper describes the development and implementation of an electronic, web-based application to simplify data collection for this research process...
- Quantifying the effect of a community-based injury prevention program in Queensland using a generalized estimating equation approachEmily Yorkston
School of Nursing, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Inj Prev 13:191-6. 2007....
- Longitudinal predictors of changes to illicit drug use among young Australian womenEmily Yorkston
School of Nursing and Midwifery, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Addiction 102:1798-803. 2007..This paper aims to determine the longitudinal changes in factors associated with initiation and cessation of illicit drugs by young Australian women over a 3-year period...
- Where do all the undergraduate and new graduate nurses go and why? A search for empirical research evidenceLynda Gaynor
School of Nursing, University of Queensland, Australia
Aust J Adv Nurs 24:26-32. 2006..To review the published scientific literature for studies quantifying or examining factors associated with the attrition of undergraduate nursing students in pre-registration programs and the retention of graduate nurses in the workforce...
- Making evaluation an integral part of injury programme implementationRod McClure
School of Medicine, Logan Campus, Griffith University, University Drive, Meadowbrook, Logan, Queensland 4131, Australia
Int J Inj Contr Saf Promot 12:247-50. 2005....
- Uncovering evidence on community-based injury prevention: A review of programme effectiveness and factors influencing effectivenessPer Nilsen
Department of Health and Society, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Int J Inj Contr Saf Promot 14:241-50. 2007..To advance the field, researchers and systematic reviews need to include evidence on factors that may explain how the effects were achieved...