Affiliation: University of New South Wales
- Qi Y, Kapterian T, Du X, Ma Q, Fei W, Zhang Y, et al. CDP-diacylglycerol synthases regulate the growth of lipid droplets and adipocyte development. J Lipid Res. 2016;57:767-80 pubmed publisher..We have therefore identified CDS1 and CDS2 as important novel regulators of lipid storage, and these results highlight the crucial role of phospholipids in mammalian lipid storage. ..
- Du X, Lukmantara I, Yang H. CRISPR/Cas9-Mediated Generation of Niemann-Pick C1 Knockout Cell Line. Methods Mol Biol. 2017;1583:73-83 pubmed publisher..The protocol details the steps for single guide RNA oligo cloning, cell colony selection, and cell line verification by filipin staining and immunoblotting. ..
- Qi Y, Sun L, Yang H. Lipid droplet growth and adipocyte development: mechanistically distinct processes connected by phospholipids. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Biol Lipids. 2017;1862:1273-1283 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Recent Advances in Lipid Droplet Biology edited by Rosalind Coleman and Matthijs Hesselink. ..
- Du X, Turner N, Yang H. The role of oxysterol-binding protein and its related proteins in cancer. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2018;81:149-153 pubmed publisher..Here, we summarize recent progress in understanding the role of OSBP/ORPs in cancer development, and discuss how the lipid transfer function of OSBP/ORPs may underpin their role in tumorigenesis. ..
- Ghai R, Du X, Wang H, Dong J, Ferguson C, Brown A, et al. ORP5 and ORP8 bind phosphatidylinositol-4, 5-biphosphate (PtdIns(4,5)P 2) and regulate its level at the plasma membrane. Nat Commun. 2017;8:757 pubmed publisher..Here the authors show that PtdIns(4,5)P 2 plays a critical role in the targeting and function of ORP5/8 at the PM. ..
- Pagac M, Cooper D, Qi Y, Lukmantara I, Mak H, Wu Z, et al. SEIPIN Regulates Lipid Droplet Expansion and Adipocyte Development by Modulating the Activity of Glycerol-3-phosphate Acyltransferase. Cell Rep. 2016;17:1546-1559 pubmed publisher..These data identify SEIPIN as an evolutionarily conserved regulator of microsomal GPAT and suggest that GPAT inhibitors might be useful for the treatment of human BSCL2 patients. ..