Paula M Wye
Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- Smoking restrictions and treatment for smoking: policies and procedures in psychiatric inpatient units in AustraliaPaula M Wye
School of Psychology, University of Newcastle, Behavioural Sciences Building, University Dr, Callaghan, New South Wales 2308, Australia
Psychiatr Serv 60:100-7. 2009....
- Providing nicotine dependence treatment to psychiatric inpatients: the views of Australian nurse managersP Wye
Hunter New England Population Health, Tamworth NSW, Australia
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 17:319-27. 2010..Positioning smoking as an addiction requiring treatment within a traditional curative approach may lead to a health service more conducive to the routine provision of nicotine dependence treatment...
- Total smoking bans in psychiatric inpatient services: a survey of perceived benefits, barriers and support among staffPaula Wye
School of Psychology, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, Australia
BMC Public Health 10:372. 2010..Thirdly, to examine the association between the benefits and barriers perceived by clinicians and their support for a total smoking ban in their unit...
- An audit of the prevalence of recorded nicotine dependence treatment in an Australian psychiatric hospitalPaula Wye
School of Psychology, University of Newcastle, Callaghan New South Wales
Aust N Z J Public Health 34:298-303. 2010..To investigate the prevalence of recorded smoking status, nicotine dependence assessment, and nicotine dependence treatment provision; and to examine the patient characteristics associated with the recording of smoking status...
- A randomised controlled trial linking mental health inpatients to community smoking cessation supports: a study protocolEmily Al Stockings
University of Newcastle, Callaghan, NSW, Australia
BMC Public Health 11:570. 2011..This protocol describes a randomised controlled trial that will test the feasibility, acceptability and efficacy of linking inpatient smoking care with ongoing community cessation support for smokers with a mental illness...
- Smoking cessation care provision and support procedures in Australian community mental health centersAmy Elizabeth Anderson
School of Psychology, University of Newcastle, University Drive, Callaghan, New South Wales 2308, Australia
Psychiatr Serv 64:707-10. 2013..The study assessed the association of supportive clinical systems and procedures with smoking cessation care at community mental health centers...