Thomas P Wycherley
Affiliation: University of South Australia
- Effects of energy-restricted high-protein, low-fat compared with standard-protein, low-fat diets: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsThomas P Wycherley
Sansom Institute for Health Research, Division of Health Sciences, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
Am J Clin Nutr 96:1281-98. 2012..It is currently unclear whether altering the carbohydrate-to-protein ratio of low-fat, energy-restricted diets augments weight loss and cardiometabolic risk markers...
- Comparison of the effects of weight loss from a high-protein versus standard-protein energy-restricted diet on strength and aerobic capacity in overweight and obese menThomas P Wycherley
Division of Health Sciences, Sansom Institute for Health Research, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
Eur J Nutr 52:317-25. 2013..To compare the effects of two low-fat, hypoenergetic diets differing in carbohydrate-to-protein ratio, on strength and aerobic capacity measures in overweight and obese men...
- A high-protein diet with resistance exercise training improves weight loss and body composition in overweight and obese patients with type 2 diabetesThomas P Wycherley
Preventative Health Flagship, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, Food and Nutritional Sciences, Adelaide, Australia
Diabetes Care 33:969-76. 2010..17). CONCLUSIONS An energy-restricted HP diet combined with RT achieved greater weight loss and more favorable changes in body composition. All treatments had similar improvements in glycemic control and CVD risk markers...
- Reductions in blood pressure following energy restriction for weight loss do not rebound after re-establishment of energy balance in overweight and obese subjectsGrant D Brinkworth
Preventative Health Flagship, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation Human Nutrition, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Clin Exp Hypertens 30:385-96. 2008..The objective of the present study was to elucidate the separate effects of energy restriction and weight loss on blood pressure (BP) and to assess the relationship between sodium intake, weight loss, and BP...
- MTOR signaling and ubiquitin-proteosome gene expression in the preservation of fat free mass following high protein, calorie restricted weight lossCassandra M McIver
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation CSIRO, Food and Nutritional Sciences, PO Box 10041, Adelaide, Australia
Nutr Metab (Lond) 9:83. 2012....