Affiliation: University of Sydney
- Hyperglycemia: still an important predictor of adverse outcomes following AMI in the reperfusion eraVincent W Wong
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Westmead Hospital, P O Box 533, Wentworthville, NSW 2145, Australia
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 64:85-91. 2004..001) and 1.36 (P = 0.001), respectively. We conclude that in the reperfusion era, hyperglycemia is still associated with adverse cardiac outcomes, although it is unclear whether treatment of hyperglycemia will lead to improved outcomes...
- C-reactive protein levels following acute myocardial infarction: effect of insulin infusion and tight glycemic controlVincent W Wong
Centre for Diabetes and Endocrinology Research, Westmead Hospital, P O Box 533, Wentworthville, NSW 2145, Australia
Diabetes Care 27:2971-3. 2004
- Glycometabolic status and acute myocardial infarction: has the time come for glucose-insulin-(potassium) therapy?V Wong
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Westmead Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Intern Med J 33:443-9. 2003..More evidence will be required from further clinical trials before it is adopted in routine clinical practice...
- Saliva and bloodspot cortisol: novel sampling methods to assess hydrocortisone replacement therapy in hypoadrenal patientsVincent Wong
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, ICPMR, Westmead Hospital, NSW, Australia
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 61:131-7. 2004..In this study, we evaluate the reliability of saliva and capillary bloodspot cortisol as alternative methods in assessing cortisol profiles in hypoadrenal patients on hydrocortisone replacement...
- High cortisol levels in hyperglycaemic myocardial infarct patients signify stress hyperglycaemia and predict subsequent normalization of glucose toleranceK Y Carmen Wong
Centre for Diabetes and Endocrinology Research, Westmead Hospital, Westmead, NSW 2145, Australia
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 72:189-95. 2010..Similarly, it is unknown whether stress hyperglycaemia predicts future glucose intolerance...
- Assessing the influences on therapeutic intensification in type 2 diabetes mellitus according to career stagePaul Bui
Diabetes and Endocrinology, Liverpool Hospital, Liverpool, NSW, Australia
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 93:385-9. 2011..This study was designed to document the factors influencing therapeutic decisions in the management of diabetes in relation to stage of medical career...