Bruce D Wines
Affiliation: University of Melbourne
- A common site of the Fc receptor gamma subunit interacts with the unrelated immunoreceptors FcalphaRI and FcepsilonRIBruce D Wines
Helen Macpherson Smith Trust Inflammatory Disease Laboratory, The Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health, Austin Health Campus, Heidelberg, Victoria 3084, Australia
J Biol Chem 281:17108-13. 2006..Taken together these data provide a molecular basis for understanding how disparate receptor families assemble with the FcRgamma subunit...
- IgA receptors in health and diseaseBruce D Wines
Helen Macpherson Smith Trust Inflammatory Disease Laboratory, The Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health, Austin Health Campus, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
Tissue Antigens 68:103-14. 2006..Finally, the therapeutic application of various IgA receptors has been sought in the areas of infectious disease, vaccines, and cancer...
- Soluble FcgammaRIIa inhibits rheumatoid factor binding to immune complexesBruce D Wines
Departments of Rheumatology and Medicine, The Austin Research Institute, Austin Repatriation Medical Centre, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
Immunology 109:246-54. 2003..We propose that the high concentrations of soluble FcgammaR found during inflammation can affect the properties of ICs and their interaction with the immune system...
- Fc receptor gamma chain residues at the interface of the cytoplasmic and transmembrane domains affect association with FcalphaRI, surface expression, and functionBruce D Wines
Helen Macpherson Smith Trust Inflammatory Disease Laboratory, Austin Research Institute, Austin Repatriation Medical Centre, Studley Road, Heidelberg, Victoria, 3084, Australia
J Biol Chem 279:26339-45. 2004..Thus, these TM residues of FcR-gamma are important for association with FcalphaRI and probably other activating LRC members but not with the classical FcR, FcepsilonRI...
- A competitive mechanism for staphylococcal toxin SSL7 inhibiting the leukocyte IgA receptor, Fc alphaRI, is revealed by SSL7 binding at the C alpha2/C alpha3 interface of IgABruce D Wines
Helen Macpherson Smith Trust Inflammatory Disease Laboratory, The Austin Research Institute, Austin Health, Heidelberg, Victoria 3084, Australia
J Biol Chem 281:1389-93. 2006..aureus IgA binding factor and unrelated factors from streptococci are functionally convergent, all targeting a number of the same residues in the IgA Fc, which comprise the binding site for the leukocyte IgA receptor, Fc alphaRI...
- Structural basis for evasion of IgA immunity by Staphylococcus aureus revealed in the complex of SSL7 with Fc of human IgA1Paul A Ramsland
The Inflammatory Disease and Structural Immunology Laboratories, The Burnet Institute, Austin Hospital, Studley Road, Heidelberg, Victoria 3084, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:15051-6. 2007..Thus, the ability of S. aureus to subvert IgA-mediated immunity is likely to facilitate survival in mucosal environments such as the nasal passage and may contribute to systemic infections...
- Alteration of the Fc gamma RIIa dimer interface affects receptor signaling but not ligand bindingMaree S Powell
The Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health Limited, Austin Health, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
J Immunol 176:7489-94. 2006..The data suggest that the ligand binding and the dimer interface are distinct regions within the receptor, and noncovalent dimerization of FcgammaRIIa may be an essential feature of the FcgammaRIIa signaling cascade...
- An FcgammaRIIa-binding peptide that mimics the interaction between FcgammaRIIa and IgGAngela C Cendron
Burnet Institute, Austin Campus, Studley Road, Heidelberg, VIC 3084, Australia
Mol Immunol 45:307-19. 2008....
- Surface display of IgG Fc on baculovirus vectors enhances binding to antigen-presenting cells and cell lines expressing Fc receptorsJohn C Martyn
The Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Arch Virol 154:1129-38. 2009..These novel baculoviral vectors, which target cells of the immune system that express FcRs, have potential applications for vaccination or gene therapy...
- IgG purificationMaree S Powell
The Helen M Schutt Trust Laboratory, The Austin Research Institute, The Austin and Repatriation Medical Center, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
Methods Mol Biol 251:341-50. 2004
- The crystal structure of staphylococcal superantigen-like protein 11 in complex with sialyl Lewis X reveals the mechanism for cell binding and immune inhibitionMatthew C Chung
Maurice Wilkins Centre, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Mol Microbiol 66:1342-55. 2007..A single amino acid mutation in the carbohydrate binding site abolished all SSL11 binding. Thus, SSL11 is a staphylococcal protein that targets myeloid cells by binding sialyllactosamine-containing glycoproteins...
- The mechanism underlying defective Fcgamma receptor-mediated phagocytosis by HIV-1-infected human monocyte-derived macrophagesEdwin Leeansyah
AIDS Pathogenesis and Clinical Research Program, The Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health, 85 Commercial Road, Melbourne, Australia 3004
J Immunol 178:1096-104. 2007..These data suggest that HIV-1 infection may affect only gamma-chain-dependent FcgammaR functions, but that this is not restricted to HIV-1-infected cells...