Andrew M Wilson
Affiliation: University of Melbourne
- Systemic and vascular inflammation is elevated in early IgA and type 1 diabetic nephropathies and relates to vascular disease risk factors and renal functionCraig L Nelson
Department of Medicine, St Vincent s Hospital, Cnr Princes and Regent Streets, Fitzroy, Vic, 3065, Australia
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:2420-6. 2005..Inflammation is implicated in cardiovascular disease (CVD) and mortality in end-stage renal failure (ESRF). Its importance in early renal disease is yet to be defined...
- Management of ischaemic heart disease in women of child-bearing ageA M Wilson
Melbourne University Department of Medicine, St Vincent s Hospital, Regent and Princes Streets, Fitzroy, Melbourne, Victoria 3065, Australia
Intern Med J 34:694-7. 2004....
- The novel role of C-reactive protein in cardiovascular disease: risk marker or pathogenAndrew M Wilson
University of Melbourne, Department of Medicine, St Vincent s Hospital, Princes St, Fitzroy, Melbourne, Victoria 3065, Australia
Int J Cardiol 106:291-7. 2006..We review the postulated roles of CRP in atherogenesis and prediction of vascular events, as well as discussing current recommendations for CRP testing in patients...
- Impact of right atrial pressure on decision-making using fractional flow reserve (FFR) in elective percutaneous interventionJamie Layland
Department of Cardiology St Vincent s Hospital, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia The University of Melbourne, Department of Medicine, St Vincent s Hospital, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia Electronic address
Int J Cardiol 167:951-3. 2013..We undertook a prospective study to assess the impact of routine incorporation of right atrial pressure into the calculation of FFR in a real world elective PCI cohort...
- Thioflavin T fluorescence in human serum: correlations with vascular health and cardiovascular risk factorsMichael D W Griffin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Bio21 Molecular Science and Biotechnology Institute, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
Clin Biochem 43:278-86. 2010..In addition, chemically modified serum components that contribute to serum ThT fluorescence were explored and identified...
- High incidence of insulin resistance and dysglycemia amongst nondiabetic cardiac surgical patientsSophie C Hofferberth
Department of Medicine St Vincent s, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Ann Thorac Surg 94:117-22. 2012..This study assessed whether the preoperative level of insulin resistance predicts the degree of perioperative dysglycemia in nondiabetic, normoglycemic cardiac surgical patients...
- Intravenous leiomyomatosis with intracardiac extension - A review of diagnosis and management with an illustrative caseTimothy D Clay
Department of Medical Oncology, St Vincent s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Australia Electronic address
Surg Oncol 22:e44-52. 2013..Operative management aims to completely resect all tumour in the safest manner for the patient, most commonly via single or two stage operation. Where complete resection is achieved, recurrence appears to be a rare event. ..
- The Mediterranean diet improves hepatic steatosis and insulin sensitivity in individuals with non-alcoholic fatty liver diseaseMarno C Ryan
Gastroenterology Department, St Vincent s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
J Hepatol 59:138-43. 2013..Weight loss is of benefit but is difficult to maintain. We aimed at examining the effect of the Mediterranean diet (MD), a diet high in monounsaturated fatty acids, on steatosis and insulin sensitivity, using gold standard techniques...
- When collateral supply is accounted for epicardial stenosis does not increase microvascular resistanceJamie Layland
Department of Cardiology, St Vincent s Hospital, Fitzroy, Victoria, Melbourne, Australia
Circ Cardiovasc Interv 5:97-102. 2012..However, variable collateralization may impact well on these measures. We hypothesized that when collateral supply was accounted for, microvascular resistance would be independent of epicardial stenosis...
- Low lifetime recreational activity is a risk factor for peripheral arterial diseaseAndrew M Wilson
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
J Vasc Surg 54:427-32, 432.e1-4. 2011..The relationship between lifetime physical activity and the risk of developing peripheral arterial disease (PAD) is not known...
- Beta2-microglobulin as a biomarker in peripheral arterial disease: proteomic profiling and clinical studiesAndrew M Wilson
Stanford University School of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, 300 Pasteur Dr, Falk Cardiovascular Research Center, Stanford, CA 94305 5406, USA
Circulation 116:1396-403. 2007..Peripheral arterial disease (PAD) is common but commonly unrecognized. Improved recognition of PAD is needed. We used high-throughput proteomic profiling to find PAD-associated biomarkers...
- Are vascular function measurements ready for the clinic?Andrew M Wilson
Eur Heart J 27:255-7. 2006
- The skin vasoconstrictor assay does not correlate significantly to airway or systemic responsiveness to inhaled budesonide in asthmatic patientsAndrew M Wilson
Asthma and Allergy Research Group, Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, DD1 9SY, UK
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 58:643-7. 2003..The aim was to a assess whether skin vasoconstrictor assay might predict airway and systemic tissue responsiveness to inhaled budesonide in patients with asthma...