Teresa A Williams
Affiliation: University of Western Australia
- Long-term survival from intensive care: a reviewTeresa A Williams
Royal Perth Hospital, 6000 Wellington, St Perth, WA, Australia
Intensive Care Med 31:1306-15. 2005..To determine whether the long-term benefit of an ICU requires prolonged patient follow-up we reviewed long-term survival of patients from general ICUs...
- Evaluation of a falls prevention programme in an acute tertiary care hospitalTeresa A Williams
Centre for Nursing Evidence Based Nursing, Education and Research, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, WA, Australia
J Clin Nurs 16:316-24. 2007..To evaluate a systematic, coordinated approach to limit the severity and minimize the number of falls in an acute care hospital...
- A qualitative exploration of nurse's perception of Critical Outreach Service: a before and after studyMariyam Athifa
Centre for Nursing Research Innovation and Quality, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Aust Crit Care 24:39-47. 2011....
- Reducing interruptions to continuous enteral nutrition in the intensive care unit: a comparative studyTeresa A Williams
Discipline of Emergency Medicine M516, School of Primary, Aboriginal and Rural Health Care SPARHC, The University of Western Australia and Research Fellow, ICU Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, WA, Australia
J Clin Nurs 22:2838-48. 2013..To develop and test strategies to reduce interruptions to enteral feeding to improve practice and promote attainment of nutritional goals...
- Early experience with influenza A H1N109 in an Australian intensive care unitTim Leen
ICU, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Intensive Crit Care Nurs 26:207-14. 2010..The requirement for single room accommodation placed enormous demands for bed management in ICU. Specific infection control procedures were developed to deal with this new pandemic influenza...
- Prehospital continuous positive airway pressure for acute respiratory failure: a systematic review and meta-analysisTeresa A Williams
University of Western Australia, Crawley, Perth, Australia
Prehosp Emerg Care 17:261-73. 2013..Intuitively, better patient outcomes may be achieved when CPAP is applied early in the prehospital setting, but there are few outcome studies to validate its use in this setting...
- Discharge delay, room for improvement?Teresa A Williams
Curtin Health Innovation Research Institute, Curtin University and Critical Care Division, Royal Perth Hospital, Western Australia, Australia
Aust Crit Care 23:141-9. 2010..We examined the hypothesis that the introduction of a critical care outreach role would decrease the frequency of discharge delay from ICU...
- A review of the nursing care of enteral feeding tubes in critically ill adults: part IITeresa A Williams
ICU, Royal Perth Hospital, P O Box X2213, Perth, Western Australia 6847, Australia
Intensive Crit Care Nurs 21:5-15. 2005..Generally, there was little high quality evidence to support practice recommendations leaving significant scope for further research by nurses in the management of patients with enteral tubes...