Affiliation: University of New South Wales
Location: Sydney, Australia
Electric Stimulation of the Retina
- Extraocular surgery for implantation of an active subretinal visual prosthesis with external connections: feasibility and outcome in seven patientsD Besch
Centre for Ophthalmology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Br J Ophthalmol 92:1361-8. 2008....
- Structure-function correlation of the human central retinaPeter Charbel Issa
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e12864. 2010..The impact of retinal pathology detected by high-resolution imaging on vision remains largely unexplored. Therefore, the aim of the study was to achieve high-resolution structure-function correlation of the human macula in vivo...
- Subretinal electronic chips allow blind patients to read letters and combine them to wordsEberhart Zrenner
Centre for Ophthalmology, University of Tubingen, Schleichstr 12, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Proc Biol Sci 278:1489-97. 2011..These results demonstrate for the first time that subretinal micro-electrode arrays with 1500 photodiodes can create detailed meaningful visual perception in previously blind individuals...
- Restoration of useful vision up to letter recognition capabilities using subretinal microphotodiodesHeval Benav
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2010:5919-22. 2010..Finally, we present images illustrating an approximation of how the visual perceptions might have appeared to the subjects, based on a mathematical model and patient reports...
- Electric crosstalk impairs spatial resolution of multi-electrode arrays in retinal implantsR G H Wilke
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW, 2052 Australia
J Neural Eng 8:046016. 2011..However, if the implantation site is further from the target cells, as is the case in suprachoroidal approaches, hexagonally guarded electrode return configurations can convey higher spatial resolution...