Kelly A Weir
Affiliation: University of Queensland
- Australian Cerebral Palsy Child Study: protocol of a prospective population based study of motor and brain development of preschool aged children with cerebral palsyRoslyn N Boyd
Queensland Cerebral Palsy and Rehabilitation Research Centre, School of Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
BMC Neurol 13:57. 2013..This study aims to determine the pathway(s) to motor outcome from diagnosis at 18 months corrected age (c.a.) to outcome at 5 years in relation to the nature of the brain lesion (using structural MRI)...
- Restriction of oral intake of water for aspiration lung disease in childrenKelly Weir
Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Queensland, Herston, Queensland, Australia
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 9:CD005303. 2012..Young children frequently refuse thickened fluids providing a management dilemma for both families and health professionals...
- Oropharyngeal aspiration and silent aspiration in childrenKelly A Weir
Speech Pathology Department, Royal Children s Hospital, Herston, Brisbane, QLD, 4029, Australia
Chest 140:589-97. 2011..A prospective study was undertaken to determine the factors associated with fluoroscopically identified OPA and SA...
- Oropharyngeal aspiration and pneumonia in childrenKelly Weir
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Queensland, Herston, Queensland, Australia
Pediatr Pulmonol 42:1024-31. 2007..We conclude that the impact of OPA on development of pneumonia is considerably reduced once other factors in children with multisystem involvement are taken into account...
- Radiation doses to children during modified barium swallow studiesKelly A Weir
Discipline of Paediatrics and Child Health, School of Medicine, University of Queensland, Level 3 RCH Foundation Building, Royal Children s Hospital, Herston Road, Herston, Queensland, 4029, Australia
Pediatr Radiol 37:283-90. 2007..There are minimal data on radiation doses to infants and children undergoing a modified barium swallow (MBS) study...
- Oropharyngeal dysphagia and gross motor skills in children with cerebral palsyKatherine A Benfer
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, Queensland Cerebral Palsy and Rehabilitation Research Centre, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Herston Queensland, Australia
Pediatrics 131:e1553-62. 2013..It was hypothesized that OPD would be present across all gross motor severity levels, and children with more severe gross motor function would have increased prevalence and severity of OPD...
- Reported eating ability of young children with cerebral palsy: is there an association with gross motor function?Kelly A Weir
Queensland Cerebral Palsy and Rehabilitation Research Centre, School of Medicine, The University of Queensland, Queensland, Australia
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 94:495-502. 2013..To examine the association between parent-reported ability of young children with cerebral palsy (CP) to eat different food textures and gross motor functional abilities...
- Relationships between dietary intake and body composition according to gross motor functional ability in preschool-aged children with cerebral palsyJacqueline L Walker
Children s Nutrition Research Centre, University of Queensland, Royal Children s Hospital, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Ann Nutr Metab 61:349-57. 2012....
- Clinimetrics of measures of oropharyngeal dysphagia for preschool children with cerebral palsy and neurodevelopmental disabilities: a systematic reviewKatherine A Benfer
Queensland Cerebral Palsy and Rehabilitation Research Centre, School of Medicine, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Dev Med Child Neurol 54:784-95. 2012..The aim of this study was to determine the psychometric properties and clinical utility of objective measures of oropharyngeal dysphagia (OPD) in children with cerebral palsy or neurodevelopmental disabilities aged 12 months to 5 years...
- Speech pathology services to children with cancer and nonmalignant hematological disordersOlivia D Taylor
Royal Children s Hospital, Herston, Queensland, Australia
J Pediatr Oncol Nurs 29:98-108. 2012....