Timothy R Walsh
Affiliation: University of Queensland
- Dissemination of NDM-1 positive bacteria in the New Delhi environment and its implications for human health: an environmental point prevalence studyTimothy R Walsh
Department of Infection, Immunity and Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff, UK
Lancet Infect Dis 11:355-62. 2011..We therefore measured the prevalence of the NDM-1 gene in drinking water and seepage samples in New Delhi...
- The emergence of pan-resistant Gram-negative pathogens merits a rapid global political responseTimothy R Walsh
Section of Medical Microbiology, 6th Floor Main Building, IIB, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:1-3. 2012....
- Genetic and biochemical characterization of a novel metallo-β-lactamase, TMB-1, from an Achromobacter xylosoxidans strain isolated in Tripoli, LibyaAllaaeddin El Salabi
Cardiff University, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:2241-5. 2012..The K(m) values were more similar to those of GIM-1 than those of DIM-1, with the overall k(cat)/K(m) values being lower than those for GIM-1 and DIM-1...
- Combinatorial events of insertion sequences and ICE in Gram-negative bacteriaMark A Toleman
Department of Infection, Immunity and Biochemistry, Cardiff University, Heath Hospital, Heath Park Campus, Cardiff, UK
FEMS Microbiol Rev 35:912-35. 2011....
- Plasmid Carriage of blaNDM-1 in Clinical Acinetobacter baumannii Isolates from IndiaLim S Jones
Cardiff University, Cardiff School of Medicine, University Hospital of Wales, Heath Park, Cardiff, United Kingdom Public Health Wales Microbiology Cardiff, University Hospital of Wales, Heath Park, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 58:4211-3. 2014..The gene is associated with the remnants of the Tn125 transposon normally associated with blaNDM-1 in Acinetobacter spp. The transposon has been disrupted by the IS26 insertion and subsequent movement events. ..
- Emerging carbapenemases: a global perspectiveTimothy R Walsh
Cardiff University, Heath Park Hospital, UK
Int J Antimicrob Agents 36:S8-14. 2010..In particular, the media attention given to the NDM-1 metallo-β-lactamase has highlighted the global consequences of human behaviour on spreading antibiotic resistance...
- Evolution of the ISCR3 group of ISCR elementsMark A Toleman
School of Medicine, Department of Medical Microbiology, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:3789-91. 2008..The combined information is consistent with the descent from an ancestral ISCR element in a Xanthomonas-like organism...