Timothy R Walsh
Affiliation: University of Queensland
- Dissemination of NDM-1 positive bacteria in the New Delhi environment and its implications for human health: an environmental point prevalence studyTimothy R Walsh
Department of Infection, Immunity and Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff, UK
Lancet Infect Dis 11:355-62. 2011..We therefore measured the prevalence of the NDM-1 gene in drinking water and seepage samples in New Delhi...
- The emergence of pan-resistant Gram-negative pathogens merits a rapid global political responseTimothy R Walsh
Section of Medical Microbiology, 6th Floor Main Building, IIB, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:1-3. 2012....
- Genetic and biochemical characterization of a novel metallo-β-lactamase, TMB-1, from an Achromobacter xylosoxidans strain isolated in Tripoli, LibyaAllaaeddin El Salabi
Cardiff University, Cardiff, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:2241-5. 2012..The K(m) values were more similar to those of GIM-1 than those of DIM-1, with the overall k(cat)/K(m) values being lower than those for GIM-1 and DIM-1...
- Combinatorial events of insertion sequences and ICE in Gram-negative bacteriaMark A Toleman
Department of Infection, Immunity and Biochemistry, Cardiff University, Heath Hospital, Heath Park Campus, Cardiff, UK
FEMS Microbiol Rev 35:912-35. 2011....
- Emerging carbapenemases: a global perspectiveTimothy R Walsh
Cardiff University, Heath Park Hospital, UK
Int J Antimicrob Agents 36:S8-14. 2010..In particular, the media attention given to the NDM-1 metallo-β-lactamase has highlighted the global consequences of human behaviour on spreading antibiotic resistance...
- Evolution of the ISCR3 group of ISCR elementsMark A Toleman
School of Medicine, Department of Medical Microbiology, Cardiff University, Heath Park, Cardiff CF14 4XN, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:3789-91. 2008..The combined information is consistent with the descent from an ancestral ISCR element in a Xanthomonas-like organism...