Affiliation: University of New South Wales
- The prevalence and correlates of adult separation anxiety disorder in an anxiety clinicDerrick M Silove
Centre for Population Mental Health Research, Psychiatry Research and Teaching Unit, Level 1 Mental Health Centre, Liverpool Hospital, corner Forbes and Campbell St, Liverpool NSW 2170, Australia
BMC Psychiatry 10:21. 2010..This study assessed the prevalence and risk factor profile associated with ASAD in an anxiety clinic...
- Challenges and early experiences in the development of an anxiety clinic in the public health sectorR Wagner
Clinic for Anxiety and Traumatic Stress, Bankstown Hospital, Bankstown, NSW 2200, Australia
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 24:406-11. 2002....
- Delays in referral of patients with social phobia, panic disorder and generalized anxiety disorder attending a specialist anxiety clinicRenate Wagner
Clinic for Anxiety and Traumatic Stress at Bankstown Hospital, and School of Psychiatry, University of New South Wales, NSW, Australia
J Anxiety Disord 20:363-71. 2006..Appropriate educational programs seem warranted to ensure appropriate treatment for this condition...
- Characteristics of Vietnamese patients attending an anxiety clinic in Australia and perceptions of the wider Vietnamese community about anxietyRenate Wagner
University of New South Wales Australia
Transcult Psychiatry 43:259-74. 2006..These outcomes suggest the importance of education for ethnic communities regarding available mental health facilities and treatments offered, as well as specific information on mental illness to help remove stigma...
- Continuities of separation anxiety from early life into adulthoodV Manicavasagar
South Western Sydney Area Health Service, Liverpool, Australia
J Anxiety Disord 14:1-18. 2000....
- A self-report questionnaire for measuring separation anxiety in adulthoodV Manicavasagar
Psychiatry Research and Teaching Unit, School of Psychiatry, University of New South Wales at Liverpool Hospital, Liverpool, NSW, Australia
Compr Psychiatry 44:146-53. 2003..9) suggesting that the questionnaire is an adequate alternative measure of SA. Results of this study support previous research suggesting that a construct of SA may be readily measured in adults...
- Separation anxiety in adulthood: dimensional or categorical?Derrick Silove
Psychiatry Research and Teaching Unit, School of Psychiatry, University of New South Wales, Randwick NSW, 2031, Australia
Compr Psychiatry 48:546-53. 2007..Although some results of the analysis were ambiguous, the overall findings suggested a dimensional pattern. The relevance of the finding to the status of adult separation anxiety is discussed...
- Promoting walking as an adjunct intervention to group cognitive behavioral therapy for anxiety disorders--a pilot group randomized trialDafna Merom
Centre for Physical Activity and Health, School of Public Health, The University of Sydney, Camperdown, NSW, Australia
J Anxiety Disord 22:959-68. 2008..21, -3.41, and -5.14, respectively, p<0.05) compared to the GCBT+ED. The potential of exercise interventions as adjunct to GCBT for anxiety disorder needs to be further explored...
- Process evaluation in an intervention designed to promote physical activity among adults with anxiety disorders: evidence of acceptability and adherencePhilayrath Phongsavan
Centre for Physical Activity and Health, School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Health Promot J Austr 19:137-43. 2008..To assess the adherence and acceptability of a physical activity program delivered as an adjunct to the usual cognitive behavioural group therapy (CBGT) for adults with anxiety disorders...