Affiliation: University of Sydney
- Preparation of activated carbon using low temperature carbonisation and physical activation of high ash raw bagasse for acid dye adsorptionM Valix
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Sydney, Bldg J01, Sydney NSW 2006, Australia
Chemosphere 56:493-501. 2004..This study demonstrates that activated carbons with high acid dye adsorption capacities can be prepared from high ash bagasse based on low temperature chemical carbonisation and gasification...
- Role of heteroatoms in activated carbon for removal of hexavalent chromium from wastewatersM Valix
Department of Chemical Engineering, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
J Hazard Mater 135:395-405. 2006..These understandings provide the fundamental method of optimising chromium removal through suitable control of carbon surface chemistry and textural properties...
- Roles of physical and chemical properties of activated carbon in the adsorption of lead ionsK Zhang
Department of Chemical Engineering, The University of Sydney, Building J01, NSW 2006 Sydney, Australia
Chemosphere 60:1129-40. 2005..The adequacy of the proposed empirical models was statistically assessed. This form of analysis was shown to provide valuable information in tailor making adsorbents and selecting appropriate adsorbents for lead adsorption...
- Recovery of nickel and cobalt from organic acid complexes: adsorption mechanisms of metal-organic complexes onto aminophosphonate chelating resinA Deepatana
Department of Chemical Engineering, The University of Sydney, Sydney 2006, NSW, Australia
J Hazard Mater 137:925-33. 2006..This study demonstrated the relative challenges involved in recovering nickel and cobalt from bioleaching solutions...
- Effect of film thickness and filler properties on sulphuric acid permeation in various commercially available epoxy mortar coatingsM Valix
School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, The University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Water Sci Technol 64:1864-9. 2011..The effect of film thickness and filler properties observed in this study has significant implications to the current selection of coatings and sewer protection...