Bernard Edward Tuch
Affiliation: University of New South Wales
- Production and characterization of fetal sheep pancreatic islet-like cell clustersB E Tuch
Department of Endocrinology, Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Cell Transplant 5:491-8. 1996..Hyperglycaemia in diabetic recipients was not normalized. Thus, while functioning ICCs can be created from fetal sheep pancreas, they do not appear to be appropriate for transplantation to reverse diabetes in mice...
- Differentiation of fetal pig endocrine cells after allografting into the thymus glandB E Tuch
Pancreas Transplant Group, Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Transplantation 67:1184-7. 1999..Whether fetal islet-like cell clusters (ICCs), which contain few beta cells, will develop at this site, so that adequate amounts of insulin can be produced, is unknown...
- Outcome of xenografted fetal porcine pancreatic tissue is superior in inbred scid (C.B-17/Icr-scid/scid) compared to outbred nude (CD-1-nu/nu) miceB E Tuch
Pancreas Transplant Unit, Department of Endocrinology, Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Cell Transplant 8:259-64. 1999..In summary, fetal porcine pancreatic tissue grows and develops more efficiently when xenografted into scid rather than outbred nude mice...
- Role of pancreatic polypeptide as a market of transplanted insulin-producing fetal pig cellsB E Tuch
Pancreas Transplant Unit, The Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Cell Transplant 10:285-93. 2001..These findings may have relevance to fetal pancreatic tissue transplanted into humans if suitable techniques can be developed to separate pig from human PP...
- Use of human fetal tissue for biomedical research in Australia, 1994-2002Bernard E Tuch
Diabetes Transplant Unit, Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick, NSW 2031, Australia
Med J Aust 179:547-50. 2003..The benefits of human fetal tissue research need greater recognition...
- Stem cells--a clinical updateBernard Edward Tuch
Diabetes Transplant Unit, Prince of Wales Hospital and University of New South Wales
Aust Fam Physician 35:719-21. 2006..These cells were originally obtained from bone marrow, but are now also being derived from umbilical cord blood...