Affiliation: University of Melbourne
- Reconfigurable, defect-free, ultrahigh-Q photonic crystal microcavities for sensingSnjezana Tomljenovic-Hanic
School of Physics, University of Melbourne, Parkville, VIC 3010, Australia
Sensors (Basel) 13:3262-9. 2013..Numerical calculations indicate a large number of high-Q modes with high sensitivity, which are ideal for simultaneous, multi-parameter refractive index-based sensing...
- Design of ultrahigh-Q photoinduced cavities in defect-free photonic crystal slabsSnjezana Tomljenovic-Hanic
ARC Centre of Excellence for Ultrahigh bandwidth Devices for Optical Systems CUDOS, School of Physics, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Opt Express 18:21397-403. 2010..We demonstrate that high-Q cavities with Q~10(8) can be designed in this way. Since the high-Q mode can originate from an air-band, these cavities appear to be ideal candidates for sensing applications...
- Nanodiamond induced high-Q resonances in defect-free photonic crystal slabsSnjezana Tomljenovic-Hanic
School of Physics, University of Melbourne, VIC 3010, Australia
Opt Express 19:22219-26. 2011..A single ND can induce a cavity with Q~3 × 10(4) and two or more ND particles can induce a cavity with Q~1.5 × 10(5). We show numerically that perturbing the position and the size of the NDs has little effect on the cavity properties...
- Photosensitive and thermal nonlinear effects in chalcogenide photonic crystal cavitiesMichael W Lee
Centre for Ultrahigh Bandwidth Devices for Optical Systems, Institute for Photonics and Optical Science, School of Physics, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Opt Express 18:26695-703. 2010..We conclude that glass compositions with lower two-photon absorption and more stable properties (reduced photosensitivity) are therefore required for nonlinear applications in chalcogenide photonic crystal cavities...
- Broadband and robust optical waveguide devices using coherent tunnelling adiabatic passageKelvin Chung
School of Physics, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
Opt Express 20:23108-16. 2012..We also present a five rib optical waveguide structure that represents a new class of octave spanning power divider...
- Near-surface spectrally stable nitrogen vacancy centres engineered in single crystal diamondAlastair Stacey
School of Physics, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Melbourne VIC 3010, Australia
Adv Mater 24:3333-8. 2012..This methodology of NV fabrication is an important step toward scalable and practical diamond based photonic devices suitable for quantum information processing...
- Single-photon emission and quantum characterization of zinc oxide defectsAnthony J Morfa
Bio21 Institute and School of Chemistry, University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Nano Lett 12:949-54. 2012..These results identify a new source of single photons in a readily available wide band gap semiconductor material which has exceptional electrical, optical, and biocompatibility properties...
- Reconfigurable microfluidic photonic crystal slab cavitiesCameron L Smith
Centre for Ultrahigh Bandwidth Devices for Optical Systems, School of Physics, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Opt Express 16:15887-96. 2008..Our cavity writing technique allows for tolerances in the infiltration process and provides flexibility as it can be employed at any time after photonic crystal fabrication...
- Flexible design of ultrahigh-Q microcavities in diamond-based photonic crystal slabsSnjezana Tomljenovic-Hanic
ARC Centre of Excellence for Ultrahigh bandwidth Devices for Optical Systems CUDOS, and School of Physics, University of Sydney, Camperdown, NSW 2006, Australia
Opt Express 17:6465-75. 2009..Furthermore as the index modification is post-processed, an efficient technique to generate cavities around defect centres is achievable, improving prospects for defect-tolerant quantum architectures...