Affiliation: University of New South Wales
- The fertility- and menopause-related information needs of younger women with a diagnosis of breast cancer: a qualitative studyBelinda Thewes
Department of Medical Oncology, Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Psychooncology 12:500-11. 2003..Clinical implications are drawn from the results of this study to assist clinicians and researchers to improve their communication with younger patients about the fertility- and menopause-related side effects of breast cancer treatment...
- The psychosocial needs of breast cancer survivors; a qualitative study of the shared and unique needs of younger versus older survivorsB Thewes
Department of Medical Oncology, Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Psychooncology 13:177-89. 2004..Younger women reported more needs than their older counterparts. Several needs reported by younger women were directly related to being of younger age or pre-menopausal at the time of diagnosis. Clinical implications are discussed...
- Psychometric properties of the Impact of Event Scale amongst women at increased risk for hereditary breast cancerB Thewes
Hereditary Cancer Clinic, Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Psychooncology 10:459-68. 2001....
- Fertility- and menopause-related information needs of younger women with a diagnosis of early breast cancerB Thewes
Department of Medical Oncology, Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick, New South Wales 2031, Australia
J Clin Oncol 23:5155-65. 2005..This multicenter study aimed to investigate fertility- and menopause-related information needs among young women with a diagnosis of early-stage breast cancer...
- What survival benefits do premenopausal patients with early breast cancer need to make endocrine therapy worthwhile?Belinda Thewes
Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick, Sydney, Australia
Lancet Oncol 6:581-8. 2005..We aimed to quantify the survival gains that premenopausal patients with early-stage breast cancer require to justify the side-effects and inconvenience of adjuvant endocrine treatments...
- Fear of cancer recurrence: a systematic literature review of self-report measuresBelinda Thewes
Centre for Medical Psychology and Evidence Based Decision Making, School of Psychology, University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
Psychooncology 21:571-87. 2012..The field of research on FCR is an emerging area of investigation in the cancer survivorship literature, and several standardised instruments for its assessment have been developed...
- Psychosocial impact of familial adenomatous polyposis on young adults: a qualitative studyShab Mireskandari
Department of Medical Oncology, Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick, NSW, Sydney, Australia
J Genet Couns 18:409-17. 2009..Providing longer-term support through ongoing genetic counseling appears necessary to adequately address the ongoing challenges faced by young adults who are dealing with FAP...