Genomes and Genes
R D Teasdale
Affiliation: University of Queensland
- The SNX-PX-BAR family in macropinocytosis: the regulation of macropinosome formation by SNX-PX-BAR proteinsJack T H Wang
Institute for Molecular Bioscience and Australia Research Council, Centre of Excellence in Bioinformatics, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Brisbane, Australia
PLoS ONE 5:e13763. 2010..SNX-PX-BAR proteins form a subset of the SNX family and their lipid-binding (PX) and membrane-curvature sensing (BAR) domain architecture further implicates their functional involvement in macropinosome formation...
- LOCATE: a mammalian protein subcellular localization databaseJosefine Sprenger
ARC Centre of Excellence in Bioinformatics, Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland 4072, Australia
Nucleic Acids Res 36:D230-3. 2008..Collectively, this database provides localization proteome for individual subcellular compartments that will underpin future systematic investigations of these regions. It is available at http://locate.imb.uq.edu.au/..
- Towards defining the nuclear proteomeJ Lynn Fink
ARC Centre of Excellence in Bioinformatics, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland, 4072, Australia
Genome Biol 9:R15. 2008..The nucleus is a complex cellular organelle and accurately defining its protein content is essential before any systematic characterization can be considered...
- A role for SNX5 in the regulation of macropinocytosisJet Phey Lim
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
BMC Cell Biol 9:58. 2008..The mechanisms and components that regulate macropinocytosis are poorly understood. Here we have investigated the role of sorting nexin 5 (SNX5) in the regulation of macropinocytic activity...
- PhosphoregDB: the tissue and sub-cellular distribution of mammalian protein kinases and phosphatasesAlistair R R Forrest
The Institute for Molecular Bioscience, University of Queensland, Brisbane 4072, Australia
BMC Bioinformatics 7:82. 2006....
- Statistical and visual differentiation of subcellular imagingNicholas A Hamilton
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
BMC Bioinformatics 10:94. 2009..Here we introduce a novel method of statistical testing, and supporting software, to give a rigorous test for difference in imaging. We also outline the key questions and steps in establishing an analysis pipeline...
- Fast automated cell phenotype image classificationNicholas A Hamilton
ARC Centre in Bioinformatics, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
BMC Bioinformatics 8:110. 2007..These novel measures are shown to distinguish and classify images of distinct sub-cellular localization with high speed and accuracy without image cropping...
- Visualizing and clustering high throughput sub-cellular localization imagingNicholas A Hamilton
ARC Centre of Excellence in Bioinformatics, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
BMC Bioinformatics 9:81. 2008..The result is images that are statistically similar are spatially close in the visualization allowing for easy comparison of images that are similar and distinguishment of dissimilar images into distinct clusters...
- Evaluation and comparison of mammalian subcellular localization prediction methodsJosefine Sprenger
ARC Special Research Centre for Functional and Applied Genomics, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
BMC Bioinformatics 7:S3. 2006..However, these methods have varying levels of accuracy and perform differently based on the sequences that are presented to the underlying algorithm. It is therefore useful to compare these methods and monitor their performance...
- A large family of endosome-localized proteins related to sorting nexin 1R D Teasdale
R W Johnson Pharmaceutical Research Institute, 3210 Merryfield Row, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Biochem J 358:7-16. 2001..On the basis of these results, the functions of these SNX molecules are likely to be unique to endosomes, mediated in part by interactions with SNX-specific C-terminal sequences and membrane-associated determinants...
- Eucalypt MADS-box genes expressed in developing flowersS G Southerton
ForBio Research Pty Ltd, 50 Meiers Road, Indooroopilly, Queensland 4068, Australia
Plant Physiol 118:365-72. 1998..The possible role of these three genes in eucalypt floral development is discussed...
- Human pigmentation genes: identification, structure and consequences of polymorphic variationR A Sturm
Centre for Functional and Applied Genomics, Institute for Molecular Bioscience, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD 4072, Australia
Gene 277:49-62. 2001..Functional correlation of MC1R alleles with skin and hair colour provides evidence that this receptor molecule is a principle component underlying normal human pigment variation...
- A dileucine motif targets E-cadherin to the basolateral cell surface in Madin-Darby canine kidney and LLC-PK1 epithelial cellsK C Miranda
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The Department of Biochemistry, and the Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
J Biol Chem 276:22565-72. 2001..These results provide the first direct insights into how E-cadherin is targeted to the basolateral membrane...
- Analysis of the mouse transcriptome based on functional annotation of 60,770 full-length cDNAsY Okazaki
1 Laboratory for Genome Exploration Research Group, RIKEN Genomic Sciences Center, RIKEN Yokohama Institute 1 7 22 Suehiro cho, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa, 230 0045, Japan
Nature 420:563-73. 2002..The present work, completely supported by physical clones, provides the most comprehensive survey of a mammalian transcriptome so far, and is a valuable resource for functional genomics...
- A novel Golgi-localisation domain shared by a class of coiled-coil peripheral membrane proteinsL Kjer-Nielsen
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Monash University Medical School, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3181
Curr Biol 9:385-8. 1999..Thus, we have identified a family of coiled-coil proteins that share a domain shown to be sufficient for the localisation of peripheral membrane proteins to the Golgi apparatus...
- The transcriptional landscape of the mammalian genomeP Carninci
Science 309:1559-63. 2005..The data provide a comprehensive platform for the comparative analysis of mammalian transcriptional regulation in differentiation and development...