Affiliation: University of Sydney
- The effect of age on prevalence, type and diagnosis of personality disorder in psychiatric inpatientsJanine Stevenson
Department of Psychiatry, Westmead Hospital, Wentworthville, NSW, Australia
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 26:981-7. 2011..To examine age-related differences in personality disorder (PD) comorbidity and in their diagnosis in psychiatric inpatients...
- Five-year outcome of outpatient psychotherapy with borderline patientsJanine Stevenson
Department of Psychological Medicine, The University of Sydney, Westmead Hospital, Westmead, Australia
Psychol Med 35:79-87. 2005..Due to scepticism about the effectiveness of its treatment, the care of these patients is neglected. In this study we evaluated the effect of treatment 5 years after its ending, of patients with BPD...
- Does age moderate the effect of personality disorder on coping style in psychiatric inpatients?Janine Stevenson
Sydney Medical School Western and Westmead Hospital, Wentworthville, NSW 2145, Australia
J Psychiatr Pract 18:187-98. 2012..To examine age-related differences in the relationship between personality and coping strategies in an Australian population of psychiatric inpatients...
- Personality disorder comorbidity and outcome: comparison of three age groupsJanine Stevenson
Department of Psychiatry, Westmead Hospital, PO Box 533, Wentworthville, New South Wales 2145, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 45:771-9. 2011..Personality disorder comorbidity has been extensively studied in young adult populations, to a lesser extent in elderly populations, and not at all in an Australian population. This study examines PD comorbidity over the life span 18-100...
- Diminished impulsivity in older patients with borderline personality disorderJanine Stevenson
Department of Psychological Medicine, University of Sydney, Westmead Hospital, Darcy Rd, Westmead N S W, 2145 Australia
Am J Psychiatry 160:165-6. 2003..The aim of this study was to test, in terms of impulsivity, the hypothesis that borderline personality disorder "burns out" with age...
- Borderline personality disorder treated with the conversational model: a replication studyAnthony Korner
Department of Psychiatry, Westmead and Cumberland Hospitals, PO Box 533, Westmead, NSW 2145, Australia
Compr Psychiatry 47:406-11. 2006..We believe that this is the first replication study demonstrating success in treating patients with BPD using an established form of individual psychodynamic therapy delivered in an outpatient setting...
- Is self disturbance the core of borderline personality disorder? An outcome study of borderline personality factorsRussell Meares
Department of Psychological Medicine, University of Sydney, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 45:214-22. 2011..To determine which constellation of clinical features constitutes the core of borderline personality disorder (BPD)...
- Somatization and stimulus entrapmentRussell Meares
Westmead Hospital and Brain Dynamics Centre, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Am Acad Psychoanal Dyn Psychiatry 36:165-80. 2008..Two studies are briefly presented in summary form suggesting that somatization may be ameliorated by a form of therapy which focuses on "inner" material as a means of overcoming "stimulus entrapment."..
- The beneficial effect on family life in treating borderline personalityFriederike Gerull
Westmead Psychotherapy Research Program, University of Sydney, Westmead Hospital, Westmead, NSW, Australia
Psychiatry 71:59-70. 2008..It was found that the perceived relationships with children and partners improved significantly for the CM group but not for the TAU group...
- A university psychotherapy training program in a psychiatric hospital: 25 years of the conversational model in the treatment of patients with borderline personality disorderJoan Haliburn
Westmead Hospital, Parramatta, NSW, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 17:25-8. 2009....
- Persistent hallucinosis in borderline personality disorderLesley Yee
Department of Psychological Medicine, University of Sydney at Westmead Hospital, Wentoworthville, NSW 2145, Australia
Compr Psychiatry 46:147-54. 2005....
- Eysenck's challenge to psychotherapy: a view of the effects 50 years onRussell Meares
Department of Psychiatry, Westmead Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 36:812-5. 2002
- Harm avoidance, self-harm, psychic pain, and the borderline personality: life in a "haunted house"Anthony Korner
Westmead Psychotherapy Research Program, University of Sydney and Sydney West Area Health Service, Sydney, Australia
Compr Psychiatry 48:303-8. 2007..Reduction in harm avoidance with psychotherapy could suggest an impact of treatment on temperament or may indicate that the harm avoidance construct is influenced by state variables such as mood...