Peter C Sprivulis
Affiliation: University of Western Australia
- The association between hospital overcrowding and mortality among patients admitted via Western Australian emergency departmentsPeter C Sprivulis
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Western Australia, 2nd Floor R Block, Queen Elizabeth II, Medical Centre, Verdun Street, Nedlands, WA 6009, Australia
Med J Aust 184:208-12. 2006..To examine the relationship between hospital and emergency department (ED) occupancy, as indicators of hospital overcrowding, and mortality after emergency admission...
- The economic benefits of health information exchange interoperability for AustraliaPeter Sprivulis
Emergency Medicine Department, University of Western Australia, R Block, Level 2 Queen Elizabeth Medical Centre Verdun Street, Nedlands, Perth, WA 6009, Australia
Aust Health Rev 31:531-9. 2007..To estimate costs and benefits for Australia of implementing health information exchange interoperability among health care providers and other health care stakeholders...
- Emergency department-based intervention with adolescent substance users: 12-month outcomesRobert J Tait
School of Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, University of Western Australia, QEII Campus, Nedlands, WA 6009, Australia
Drug Alcohol Depend 79:359-63. 2005..In conclusion, while brief intervention in ED only has limited success in facilitating adolescents to attend for subsequent AOD treatment, it can significantly reduce the number of AOD related ED presentations...
- Multiple hospital presentations by adolescents who use alcohol or other drugsRobert J Tait
University Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Science, QE II Medical Centre, Nedlands, Western Australia
Addiction 97:1269-75. 2002..To investigate 'all cause' and the subset of 'alcohol or other drug' (AOD) related hospital emergency department (ED) presentations over 12 months by adolescents with a previously identified AOD ED presentation...
- Estimation of the general practice workload of a metropolitan teaching hospital emergency departmentPeter Sprivulis
Department of Emergency Medicine, Fremantle Hospital, Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
Emerg Med (Fremantle) 15:32-7. 2003..This study presents two independent estimates of the number of, and costs associated with, low acuity presentations to an emergency department...
- Interface between residential aged care facilities and a teaching hospital emergency department in Western AustraliaJudith C Finn
School of Population Health, University of Western Australia, Perth, WA, Australia
Med J Aust 184:432-5. 2006..To estimate the appropriateness of emergency department (ED) presentations by people aged>or=65 years living in residential care facilities...
- Most head injury related motorcycle crash deaths are related to poor riding practicesJulian Stella
Department of Emergency Medicine, Geelong Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Emerg Med (Fremantle) 14:58-61. 2002..To report the characteristics of head injury related motorcycle crash deaths...
- After-hours general practice clinics are unlikely to reduce low acuity patient attendances to metropolitan Perth emergency departmentsYusuf Nagree
Emergency Department, Armadale Health Service, Armadale, WA
Aust Health Rev 28:285-91. 2004..To model the effectiveness of after-hours general practice (GP) in reducing metropolitan Perth emergency departments' (ED) low acuity patient (LAP) attendances and costs...